The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Running really rich at idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostineklipz

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 2, 2002
1, Maine
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/newafcsetting.htm

That said to have the 1k rpm low setting at 50%. When I start the car I will get black smoke from fuel at first then if I try to rev it in neutral it will almost stall out likes its getting too much fuel which it is. I lowered the 1k rpm setting to 30% and it seemed to fix the problem.

My question is why does RRE say to put it out 50% or is it one of those answers that all cars are different.

Some car respond different.
Iome one i know lean 50% on his 2G and it still runs rich.

I have 660cc on a 1G I lean it out 40% at idle only.

Originally posted by boostineklipz
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/newafcsetting.htm

That said to have the 1k rpm low setting at 50%. When I start the car I will get black smoke from fuel at first then if I try to rev it in neutral it will almost stall out likes its getting too much fuel which it is. I lowered the 1k rpm setting to 30% and it seemed to fix the problem.

My question is why does RRE say to put it out 50% or is it one of those answers that all cars are different.

Is your 1k setting +50% or -50% ?

Take them out if you want, but the settings on RRE's site is for these mods:

2G Turbo Stock
T-25 turbo, RSR Cat Back, RSR DP-no cat, Filter, 14psi Stock Injectors, Side and Lower honeycombs out, Adjusting screw backed out flush

Low Setting:
1K +50 2K +18 3K +10 4K +8 5K +6 5.5K + 6 6K +6 7K +6

High Setting:
1K +0 2K -1 3K -1 4K 0 5K 0 5.5K +3 6K +4 7K +5

TH-Point
Lo 20% Hi 60%

You need these mods to run those settings and those are just some base settings you will still need to fine tune every thing.

Originally posted by 1FAST2G
Take them out if you want, but the settings on RRE's site is for these mods:

2G Turbo Stock
T-25 turbo, RSR Cat Back, RSR DP-no cat, Filter, 14psi Stock Injectors, Side and Lower honeycombs out, Adjusting screw backed out flush

Low Setting:
1K +50 2K +18 3K +10 4K +8 5K +6 5.5K + 6 6K +6 7K +6

High Setting:
1K +0 2K -1 3K -1 4K 0 5K 0 5.5K +3 6K +4 7K +5

TH-Point
Lo 20% Hi 60%

You need these mods to run those settings and those are just some base settings you will still need to fine tune every thing.

ALright thanks. I am new to the AFC and I had very similar mods so I figured the settings would be close. I am guess I will break out the pocketlogger and log a couple runs to tune the thing. I dont think I am going to take the side honey combs because the time I did that the car ran like sh-t. Thanks for the help

the reason it ran like #### was becasue with the side honey combs out your car will run very lean at idle. That is why RRE says to add 50% at 1K, this is to compensate for the honey combs out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back