The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Runaway Truck Ramp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Im so glad they have those. There was a guy a year or so ago that passed TWO of those when his truck was running away and ended up driving into stopped traffic at the bottom of the mountain here in colorado. the reason he didnt use the truck ramp? he was afraid it would damage the truck/cargo. Killed three people if i remember correctly

Im so glad they have those. There was a guy a year or so ago that passed TWO of those when his truck was running away and ended up driving into stopped traffic at the bottom of the mountain here in colorado. the reason he didnt use the truck ramp? he was afraid it would damage the truck/cargo. Killed three people if i remember correctly
:(

Ugh, that's horrible. You'd think the truck ramp would have done way less damage?!?!?

I think he got that point too, but it was too late. I cant speak on the mind set, i have never been behind the wheel of 80,000 pounds of hell doin 90mph on a 6% grade with no brakes.

I noticed them when I was in the mountains out there. I thought they were a great idea, just gotta remember to USE THEM!!! Terrible to hear that instead, it cost folks lives. Those can't be "fixed".

:(

Ugh, that's horrible. You'd think the truck ramp would have done way less damage?!?!?
Truckers tend to try and avoid them as the damage caused to the truck is VERY significant. Not to mention the cost of having the truck removed from the ramp by a towing and recovery company, the delay/damage to any cargo on board, and the fines they could potentially face for disregarding warning signs leading up to the need to use the ramp (grade, speed, etc).

Its ridiculous that we have those ramps in place to try and save lives, yet we punish truckers for utilizing them. It leads to tragedies..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back