The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Ruined my racing hart wheel

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitsuclipsegsx

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 5, 2004
Dover plains, New_York
I hit a curb and messed up my racing harts Is there a way I can fix it? Grind it down maybe? any ideas? Are there any places that fixes wheels?

I have a magazine somewhere that has a whole section on how to fix curbed wheels (as long as they still hold air). It would probably take weeks for me to actually find the article but I do remember some. Any deep gouges that can't be grinded/sanded out they used a welder to fill. They grinded it flat, sanded it smooth, and polished it out.

What kind of places do you think fix wheels?

Attachments

• DSC05280.jpg
    DSC05280.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 437
  • DSC05281.jpg
    DSC05281.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 428
  • DSC05282.jpg
    DSC05282.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 426
My neighbor had a wheel that was way worse than that, and had it fixed by a shop for $75.

I just asked him where he got it done. Check out "wheeldoctor" and "rimdoc.com"

Ye Ole Wheel Shop does great work but takes a while to get done due to their high volume, you would have to ship your wheels to them. They are down here in MD. Good luck tho, the curbage doesn't look too horrible though.

-Alex

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back