The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

RSX wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hybridshooter

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 27, 2002
tallmadge, Ohio
I have seen several people on here that have put Acura RSX-S wheels on their car. They all said that they fit with no problems. Well a good friend of mine just so happens to have an RSX-S, with new wheels, so I grabbed his old ones. I tried putting them on, and they don't fit! The holes are all right, but they don't fit flat against the hub, it appears the hole in the center of the wheel is just slightly too Small. Did anyone else have this problem? What can I do to make them fit (if it's possible, which it appears to be)?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

They all seem to have them on no problem.... try harder? :confused:

I know some people have them on our cars, thats what I was asking about. I have seen that they fit on some peoples, but not quite on mine. I don't know if I'm supposed to remove anything, or grind anything or what. I don't know how exactly to go about trying harder to put on a wheel? Anything I can think of to "try harder" doesn't seem safe.

Sounds like center bore is your problem. I don't know the year of the RSX but I have a listing that shows 01-on as 64.1mm. DSM's are 67.1mm. You'll have to do a little more than try harder.

Well, none of the cars pictured above have center caps, which suggests the obvious: the center bore is reamed out.

hybridshooter said:
I have seen several people on here that have put Acura RSX-S wheels on their car. They all said that they fit with no problems. Well a good friend of mine just so happens to have an RSX-S, with new wheels, so I grabbed his old ones. I tried putting them on, and they don't fit! The holes are all right, but they don't fit flat against the hub, it appears the hole in the center of the wheel is just slightly too Small. Did anyone else have this problem? What can I do to make them fit (if it's possible, which it appears to be)?

I had the same problem with Infinity rims on my '98 RS. the center bore on the rims were to small. I used spacers to get the rims on flush. You could have the rims bored out or use spacers. If you use spacers just make sure that you still have enough threads for the lugs to hold safely. Oh, and remember to center the spacers while you're putting the rims on or you will have a vibration at highway speed.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back