The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A RS upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cfrakes

Proven Member
Jun 6, 2021
Idaho
I got a 1999 eclipse RS and this thing is the most base package you could possibly get. I got it for only $400 and I would like to upgrade it. My question is how difficult would it be to install some of the features the GS model has. The main ones I'm talking about are cruise control, fog lights, and power mirrors. My second question is would the wiring for those things already be there or would I have to run completely new wire? Thanks

As far as I know I have the RS package as well. No Power options at all (windows, mirrors, cruise, power locks). I converted mostly everything now, still left to do is the rear disc conversion.

The Oz Rally edition has all the features, with black leather interior

If your doing your power door options, i think the best way to do it is to grab a whole door assembly, this was you dont have to modify anything or what I did is suffer for hours wiring up the options LOL

The wiring should all be there already in terms of the dash side. I know for my manual doors, the plug were not there since they use a different harness any ways. But the plugs that you control via the dash should all be taped up on the actual harness. (I made new wires and connections)

Check other forums if you need any assistance, I always make videos on what i did to my eclipse on my channel as well:

I've read multiple times that all of the non turbo models came with the same interior wiring but I can tell you that is not true. I had to do a partial harness swap to run GS accesories (I could have simply added the necessary wiring and pins but my harness was already cut up).
When I first swapped to power mirrors I noticed that absolutely none of the wiring for that was there. Not behind the dash, not in the doors... Later I swapped to a hatch with rear wiper and none of that wiring was there either. Fog lights, same story. I never ended up adding fog lights because I now have air ducts instead but I know the interior wiring for the switch was not there.
To further confirm this I previously went harness shopping on a junkyard RS and it had none of this said wiring either. So unless these two specific RS models that I stripped the interiors of were the only ones not equipped, it would be a safe assumption that none of the RS models came equipped. Unless it originally had the option from the factory and has since been removed for whatever reason.

As far as I know I have the RS package as well. No Power options at all (windows, mirrors, cruise, power locks). I converted mostly everything now, still left to do is the rear disc conversion.

The Oz Rally edition has all the features, with black leather interior

If your doing your power door options, i think the best way to do it is to grab a whole door assembly, this was you dont have to modify anything or what I did is suffer for hours wiring up the options LOL

The wiring should all be there already in terms of the dash side. I know for my manual doors, the plug were not there since they use a different harness any ways. But the plugs that you control via the dash should all be taped up on the actual harness. (I made new wires and connections)

Check other forums if you need any assistance, I always make videos on what i did to my eclipse on my channel as well:

So I dove into it today and I found the wiring for the cruise control and the fog lights but not the power mirror switch. Is that just something I have to wire up on top of the wiring for the doors or is the harness tucked somewhere I'm not seeing? Thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back