The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

rpm tach dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dublikedirt

Probationary Member
Dec 10, 2002
Tijuana_Mexico
hey whats up every one,i just got a 90 5spd fwd tsi,the rpm tachometer is not working,i already searched and did not found nothing,any suggestions on what to check before spending money on a shop?
thanks...

:talon:

that makes two of us, mine will work when the car is warm, but in the morning it is dead as a doornail. i am going to test the tach output from the inginter and the wire to the tachometer, as well as taking apart the tach to see if it has any mechanical issues. i believe in the 1g's the tach signal wire is on the igniter and on the 2g's it is on the coil pack

Behind the intake manifold there are some electrical plugs that may be unplugged. They are located on the bracket that holds the intake manifold. Check these plugs.
Joe

Just checking.. is the noise filter attached to the back of the intake manifold? I am doing the M Hamilton ECU swap and need to disconnect the noise filter (and spice the tach leads together). I saw two harnesses both two wire.. one I assume is the Knock Sensor and the other the noise filter? Which is which?

Thanks
-John

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back