The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Resolved Rpm not reading

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DsmKhan

5+ Year Contributor
Dec 3, 2017
East Hartford, Connecticut
I have 99 gsx ,that i just did a ohms engine harness swap and the rpm are not working.
Not sure if the rpm come from the ecu or thing else need help????

Ok that has been related inside the car, how how does the tack at the signal from that, is a wire running to the ecu? If so what pin is it ??

So pin 58 from the ecu the white wire runs to the Ignition power Transistor??
Yes, the ECU pin #58 is connected to the PTU pin #4. And that white wire is also shared with the tachometer.
Not reading the RPM signal at where? At ECU or the tachometer? I assume at the tachometer. If so, just trace the white wire from the pin #58 and make sure that it also goes to the gauge. I don't know which harness you are using but if it's a race harness, you may need to connect the tach signal to the tachometer by yourself.

Yes the tachometer not reading I have the ohms wire harness. So from pin 58 to the back of the gauge cluster is where I should Connect??

So from pin 58 to the back of the gauge cluster is where I should Connect??
Yes. From somewhere on the RPM signal wire to the gauge. Are you sure that the ECU is reading the signal?
Please refer the diagrams below. The red line is the RPM signal wire (White) between ECU and PTU that we talked above. The green line is the one that goes to the gauge cluster. Trace it and see if you have the signal there.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I figure the problem out I have a eboost2 gauge and the yellow wire I put it to pin58 took the wire off and rpm back working always simple LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back