The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

RPF1 Center Caps

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim97gst

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 2, 2002
Bethel Park, Pennsylvania
I have 17X8.5 Enkei RPF1s with no center caps. The center caps from Enkei are $100 for a set of 4. That seems like a ridiculous price and I'm not wild about how they look. I've found DIY center cap instructions for other cars using OEM Honda caps. I don't think that will work for my car because the axle nut sticks out a little bit and the Honda caps appear to be flush with the outside of the wheel. Can anyone confirm if the Honda caps will work or not with our cars or have any other ideas?

I found these that are more reasonable at $50 and they appear that they would clear the axle nut but I can't be certain.

https://flatoutgfx.com/products/enkei-rpf1-center-caps

I know this post is old but forr the sake of answering a question for someone else in the future: I can confirm that these will NOT clear the axle nut on a 2g. I'm hoping the Enkei ones do as I ordered a set recently.

I know this post is old but forr the sake of answering a question for someone else in the future: I can confirm that these will NOT clear the axle nut on a 2g. I'm hoping the Enkei ones do as I ordered a set recently.

Are you saying the Flat Out Graphics caps don't work? I just ordered a set... I can confirm the stock RPF1 caps DO work as I had those on my old setup.

Are you saying the Flat Out Graphics caps don't work? I just ordered a set... I can confirm the stock RPF1 caps DO work as I had those on my old setup.

Correct. I was stoked to have Eagle logo center caps and this was also when I first received my RPF-1s. So I put the caps on the wheels first to look at them and it looked clean. However as soon as I mounted the first one the cap popped out. It wasn't even kinda close.

Oh well. 🤷🏼‍♂️ sometimes you try things and it doesn't work out.

Correct. I was stoked to have Eagle logo center caps and this was also when I first received my RPF-1s. So I put the caps on the wheels first to look at them and it looked clean. However as soon as I mounted the first one the cap popped out. It wasn't even kinda close.

Oh well. 🤷🏼‍♂️ sometimes you try things and it doesn't work out.
Appreciate that info I'll need to cancel my order then...I did the same thing but Mitsu logo

I'm having the same issue. Finding a set that fits over the axle nut. I was told that the center bore of these wheels (17x8") were 64 mm and I ordered these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-68mm-...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

But they literally didn't even touch the center bore going in at all. Just flipped and fell out LOL I don't have a good way of measuring the center bore since a digital caliper doesn't fit inside the front or the back of the wheel.

I haven't been able to test fit yet on the fronts, but damn do the Flat Out Graphics Enkei stickers and center caps look awesome...just an FYI for anyone following this thread, Will, the owner of Flat Out, also makes stickers to go over the OEM Enkei caps. So if his caps don't work for me I'll be returning them and ordering his overlays for the OEM caps as I know those clear the axle nuts no problem. Will also need an alignment to get the negative camber sorted out in the rear as they rubbed really bad when I test fit the first time.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Correct. OEM sets of RPF1 caps are around $100/set. Worth it though to avoid having a trashy unfinished look without caps. If these Flat Out Graphics caps don't end up working I'll have about $250 into both sets.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back