The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

RPF1 17x9 +35 w/ Big Brake Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielsl1999gsx

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 5, 2009
los angles, California
This is more of a "How they will fit/look" and "What you need to make them fit" thread than anything. Frist off, i would like state that i have a big brake kit up front so some of this stuff may not be needed for those who dont have big brakes. With that being said this limited my wheel choice to mainly Evo wheels. I use to have Evo IX BBS on my car and they fit great,(Recommend them to anyone) however they were just not wide enough for me. So i picked up these bad boys. They are Enkei RPF1 17x9 +35, which meant they would not clear my brakes. I had to use a 20mm space for them to clear and it is close still. I MEAN CLOSE :pray:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I shook the wheel and what not and they would not touch. I would assume under hard driving the wheel might flex but i think im good for now.
As for the tires, they are 245/40/17 Hankook Ventus EVO V12 and they clear the rear knuckle with no problem:

These things do poke out a bit. I am dropped on eibach pro kit and have my rear fenders rolled but not my fronts :sosad: i hope i dont rub. Front :

Rears

Lastly, as for how they look. FREAKIN AMAZING!! these are the cleanest wheels i have ever owned and really complement the 2g body. Car is still up in the air( repainting my calipaer) but ill do a real photo shoot soon.

Hope this helps anyone with their wheel choice! :thumb:

Haha maybe i should go rally! Just dropped the car on the floor and drove it around andddd no rubbing whatsoever! WOOT WOOT

I have even less clearance with my Brembos on 17x7.5 +45 LOL.

Damn dude, you need to run a spacer on that! I would assume on a hard turn the spoke would flex enough to rub on the caliper.

Oh shoot haha, no more room for and extra spacer without some serious extended lug stud

Haha my bad, there's no day light right now. I'm taking photos tomorrow so check soon

To the OP - exactly which big brake kit do you have on your car ? Caliper brand/model, rotor diameter ?

To the OP - exactly which big brake kit do you have on your car ? Caliper brand/model, rotor diameter ?

They are the BAER Pro Brake Kit. If you look the in 2g Catalog under the marketplace tab in the brake section you will find them there. Its the photo they use to for the brakes section. As for the rotos they are 13.5 or 14 inch, forgot exactly which one when i measured. This is a true bolt on kit with nothing to grind or drill, however i have never seen anyone run these besides me. Super rare (probably overpriced to extinction)

Your fronts are going to impact the fenders for sure on compression. You might be able to run a huge bump stop perhaps to prevent this but then your suspension will be drastically compromised. Even with a lot of camber they will most likely hit. I don't think you'll be able to "roll" the fronts either due to the complex shape but who knows, body shop guys can do wonders. You may need to have them flared which will cost you anywhere from $1000 to $1500 just for the fronts (unless you get get a really good deal).

Drove it on the freeway and over roads under construction (Steel plates on the floor) and have not rubbed in the fronts yet. Im not that low so im guessing that is helping during compression of the strut

Actually....... They do haha. I was able to get one photo in before the sun went down.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back