The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A Rough shift/no shift 41te

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96WhiteEclipse

Proven Member
Mar 8, 2022
Owasso, Oklahoma
So I have 2g Eclipse GS with a Ultradrive 41te.

I recently replaced the differential gasket with Permatex 81180 and it still leaks but 4 days after which is okay the car started shifting extremely hard and missing not shifting into overdrive at all I checked fluid and it’s good. It was driving fine yesterday. The only thing I can think of that some gaskets broke off and got into the clutches.

Is this fixable with a drain and refill with new fluid? Or is my transmission too far gone?

Any codes from the TCU?

It's hard to say with little info but I don't think a simple drain and fill will solve your problems. It would be a cheaper solution so definitely worth trying but it sounds like there is a deeper issue.

As unprofessional as it may sound, try adding some Shutter Fix to the fluid. You'd be amazed how many Ford transmission issues I have band aided and it worked for up to a year of daily driving.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back