The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

rough idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black_eclipse96

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 12, 2008
Vernon, Texas
Okay today i did a compression test and heard a squelling sound. Stopped for a second and tried again and no problems after that. Well i left to o really's to get a valve cover gasket and find my grandpa pouring in heavy duty oil (not sure what weight). After scolding him, i finish everything off and start the car and now it has a horrible idle. Plus now i have a check engine light. Anything i might have missed putting it back together, im not gonna be able to scan it till tomorrow.

Thanks

If it is throwing a cel then you either forgot to plug something in and or have a vacuum leak/ boost leak.

okay found the problem, one of the wires weren't firing. fixed that and now a misfire.Fixed that and everything seems to be okay.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back