The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Rough idle caused by bad Uego setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milby43

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 6, 2008
Laurel Springs, New_Jersey
Okay so I searched far and wide, and havent gotten an answer ive been looking for.

*prior to this incident, is started it, and i though it kinda sounded rough.*

So today, i started up my 93 awd m/t. And the rpms climbed to 1500 on up to 2000. Probably within 10 15 seconds or so after initial start up. Then fluctuated between 1500 to 1800. Running rough.

Now, the car has been running rich for a little while, even before i got it. Theres a Uego in the o2 housing bung. Its for the air/fuel guage, but that doesnt work (no power, either problem with gauge, or previous owner eff'ed the installation). Supposively the wideband sensor works, but i have no way to tell.

The car has an SAFC II that the guys friend supportively tuned while driving around on the street. Obviously with out a gauge, or maybe he used his own, Idk.

So right as I go to shut off the engine (when it was idling high around 2000 and such) it sounded like it was gonna stall right out. I kinda saw the rpms drop as a turned the key.

I was thinking, is the o2 sensor in the o2 housing for stock fuel control for narrowband? And its not sending the right voltage to the ecu?

Without an air fuel gauge, is there a setting in the safc II i can use to make it over all less rich? or less rich at idle?

The only thing i tried so far really was take out, check and gap the spark plugs. gapped to .030. I couldnt do much else, i was losing day light.

Tomorrow im checking the timing, and if its good im gonna try and start it agian.

If the timing checks out, and i wanna go ahead and start it again, could i just try and adjust the bliss while the cars running. see if that helps? I dont wanna go grounding the pin and all that, ive never really done it before.

Its got me confused, i just dont get it. The day when we brought the car home it ran and pulled strong on the highway.

Thanks guys.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back