The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A rough idle and cuts off

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoss1264

Probationary Member
Jan 16, 2012
ocala, Florida
I have a 97 eclipse gs and i just did the water pump, head gasket, timing belt, and changed out some pulleys. car runs fine but when i stop at a red light or go over a speed bump it wants to cut off or it dose cut off. I hooked a scanner too it and nothing. i thought maybe vaccum leak, but i sprayed carb cleaner everywere on the intake manifold and on all the vaccum hoses still coulnt find anything. any ideas on what it could be?

Terry's Talon Troubleshooting Tips #3 - Fast Idle (aka. Idle Surge) is it surging

have you checked

fuel system,
air filter,
wiring,
ecu
coolant temp sensor
do you have a cel.

i have read that thread you put up, and my rpms dosnt ever go up as soon as i stop at a light, it would sit at 800 then drop to 400 go up maybe a hair and back down to 200 to do nothing but shake or stall out. nothing is wrong with the air filter just replaced it, and like i said before everything in the car runs fine untill i stop or go over a speed bump or up a hill.
and not it just stalls out at a light. if i put it in neutral though the rpms would go about 800 and fluctuate but never go under 400.

no loose connections, and i never though low atf fluid would cause that but ill check it. i also heard that maybe a fuel issue i did just get rearended like 2 days ago.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back