The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Rotted-out DSM on the news

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What in the hell are those lake heads thinking of? A blue strut bar on a green car? My god. WTF

Lets not let one bad apple... or should I say, rotton apple ruin it for all of us midwesterners. ;)
This is a fine example of why my talon stays in the garage during the winter.

Daaaaamn im glad my car don't look like that, betta yet i betta make sure all of my parts are good. That poor talon. :talon:

That car is gone. It's amazing how many people get stuck with car in that kinds of condition.

Damn I need a 1G BOV too....:mad::DROFL

But seriously, fcuking duct tape to hide the rusted out strut towers?WTF. Reminds me of when I got my car, the guy used duct tape to cover up the upper control arm ball joint because the boot was busted. :toobad:

Yea the strut towers are the first thing i looked at when i bought my car, But its from Tennessee so its nice and clean underneath :D I wonder if their gonna part that car out? :sneaky:

BIG DEAL!! I love how they make it act like it is such a "DANGEROUS" car to drive. If it is at the end of its life like he mentioned, GIVE IT TO ME!!! Ill take that thing and have a blast with it. That car, with the proper owner, could last another 5-10 years if it was kept clean and keep all the salt and shit off of it. the car is 13 years old for gods sake! Its gonna have rust. I would try to hide it in any way too to try and sell it. Its not gonna just fall apart.LOL LOL

Anthony

Loved this video ahhaa. Posted on my local DSM forum. They got a kick out of it because we live in a Salty/snowy area and know strut tower rust!

Now i'm definitly keeping my eclipse:dsm: stored during the winter thats for sure, time to buy a winter car...haha

Yea the strut towers are the first thing i looked at when i bought my car, But its from Tennessee so its nice and clean underneath I wonder if their gonna part that car out?

Actually the gentleman in the vid is the owner of Nordstrom's auto recycling, one of the larger ones in the US. So yes, they will part it out.

Sorry to bring this old thread up, I actually bought the hood off this car. It wasn't drivable at the time of the video. My friend put it in the ditch, insurance took it. I actually got a few parts from the car.

I also laughed when he pulled the tape off!!!! I was looking at the first picture thinking "is that duct tape?" And then rip! Classic, so when is he parting out the car?

Thank god salted roads dont exist in oklahoma

I had a 95 GST with the same problems, now I have my 95 Talon that is nearly rust free with 86k chasis miles. :D oh, that car is long gone and crush by now for sure... this was a couple years ago already..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back