The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G rotor cooling backing plate template, for use with Brembos and Galant knuckles only

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey everyone, I have been meaning to post this up for a while now but I keep forgetting to,

This is my home made backing cover I made for use with my brembos to aid cooling into the veins more. this will only work with Galant knuckles as its made to fit the Brembo bolt spacing. the cooling ducts I made myself for my own car but they are sold here for a decent price http://www.binaryeng.com/products/automotive and should be used to help cool more and take full advantage for the cooling plate Im letting you all have.

this makes it sit just on the lip of the rotor and does not touch or hit, as you will see from the drawings I originally made it covers alot of the rotor aswell but later decided its not needed but its upto you if you trim or not, if you do want to trim it FOLLOW THE BLACK DOTS and that is what I did and looks like in the picture attached.

folding it is easy and its listed the length of each section, once you have it bent and fits nicely mark for the hole and drill it out to 12.5 or 13mm for the 12mm bolt for the Brembos,

you ideally want to make this from thin Stainless as it will offset the caliper as it sits inbetween the caliper and the knuckle! i used 1mm Stainless Steel and its fine, plus Stainless takes the heat alot better.

I hope this can become of use to many folks who want a shield of some sort or need something for cooling when racing. Just trying to help you all out as I know not everyone has access to or can do stuff and a template really helps sometimes!

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT FOR RESALE AS A PRODUCT! IF YOU SELL YOUR BRAKE KIT THEN ONLY SELL AT WHAT IT COST TO MAKE IT (NO PROFIT)

thanks Bobby

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back