The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Roof rack

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone else notice the mustache LOL

I think I noticed that before the Kayak.LOL

Not sure if I am a fan of the roof rack tho. The pictures look amazing and I know it serves you a purpose but yeah its not for me. Nice pictures and clean install though came out really good. :thumb:

Not sure if I am a fan of the roof rack tho. The pictures look amazing and I know it serves you a purpose but yeah its not for me. Nice pictures and clean install though came out really good. :thumb:

It's all totally removable too. Infact, IIRC, Yakima explictly recommends removing it when not in use to prevent paint issues. I can attest to that; the pads will weather and get stuck to the paint if you leave it on all year...

Thanks man! Yea the look isn't for everyone for sure.

looked at the first page. my car has marks from a roof rack and ive always wanted to know what it would have looked like. the marks look the same shape as what that yakama one looks like. i have also considered a stash :)

It's all totally removable too. Infact, IIRC, Yakima explictly recommends removing it when not in use to prevent paint issues. I can attest to that; the pads will weather and get stuck to the paint if you leave it on all year...

In regards to the marks or potential to mark, i am meticulous about my paint, so the roof was heavily waxed, and the rack will be removed every other week to be cleaned up. Plus I've seen people put them on their car while it was dirty :ohdamn: and shockingly had no noticeable marks.

looked at the first page. my car has marks from a roof rack and ive always wanted to know what it would have looked like. the marks look the same shape as what that yakama one looks like. i have also considered a stash :)

You too, eh?

What's worse is that the PO went to the dealership for some touch up enamel and it was the wrong color.. not by a lot.. but by enough. :ohdamn:
If you post yours, I'll post mine.

I think the rack would look more at home if you made the car look like a rally car. Put some off-road goodies on the car such as bigger fog lights and smaller wheels and whatnot. It would look really great to me and plus it would probably come in handy with all your outdoor hobbies.

You too, eh?

What's worse is that the PO went to the dealership for some touch up enamel and it was the wrong color.. not by a lot.. but by enough. :ohdamn:
If you post yours, I'll post mine.

Took the rack off today, no damage whatsoever. All it takes is a little bit of time to clean the roof, and take it off periodically to clean it.

Picked mine up and installed it today. It looks amazing.
I noticed at highway speeds there is a significant increase in downforce/drag added to the car as a result of the front fender I'm assuming...

Picked mine up and installed it today. It looks amazing.
I noticed at highway speeds there is a significant increase in downforce/drag added to the car as a result of the front fender I'm assuming...

You mean the fairing? If I'm going on long trips and don't need the rack I just pop it off. Have you run it without the fairing at all? It's amazing what a little piece of plastic can do to keep down wind noise!

Not yet. I had to dart down to Niagara Falls NY to pick it up as they wouldn't ship it up to Canada. So, I installed it there to avoid the hassle of customs. Just noticed a somewhat "heavier" ride on the 1.5 hour trek back to Toronto.

Must say awesome picks. Might just have to invest in some kayaking lessons. But for real really clean ride and great photos. Thumbs up!

Glad this thread reminded me.

I was driving from Iowa to WI on the interstate,umm Sunday,last sunday.

I swear this is not a joke..There was a NEWER bmw with a roof rack..Driving down the road, and whats strapped to this roof rack..A freaking canoo.

Glad this thread reminded me.

I was driving from Iowa to WI on the interstate,umm Sunday,last sunday.

I swear this is not a joke..There was a NEWER bmw with a roof rack..Driving down the road, and whats strapped to this roof rack..A freaking canoo.

I don't get it... Unless you meant kangaroo...

Or a giant kazoo

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

ROFL
Not a fan of the roof rack, but your car does look fresh. Nice pics.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back