The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Roof Changes

What should I do with the roof?

Votes: 71 86.6%

Votes: 4 4.9%

Votes: 7 8.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

#1. I've been contemplating a wrap for my roof, too. It's very 1g-ish, and we all know that's the best gen. OMG

I think #3 looks sick, the lines look good from that angle. Which is the only problem I see it may look good from that angle but may not from others ex with the cf hatch. So I would say #1 so everything flows better and you get the same look from all angles.

I voted #1, gives it that two tone look. If you wanted to get crazy with painting the roof, you could try mimicking the CF look with paint. I've seen it done on a small scale i.e. RC cars. Looks awesome but a lil more work in the painting process.

As with most, #1 would look the best I say. However if you wanted the look of the new Scion TC, I think you could pull it off if only the A pillars were painted black so the windshield appears to flow into the side glass. You should do a phootshop of it just to see how it'd look.

Last edited:
After getting my CF spoiler installed I dig the red roof with the black hood/hatch because the red on top of the spoiler breaks it up a little. So, after all this talk about how I should paint the top black I decided against it. Sorry everyone...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

:dsm:

Last edited by a moderator:
After getting my CF spoiler installed I dig the red roof with the black hood/hatch because the red on top of the spoiler breaks it up a little. So, after all this talk about how I should paint the top black I decided against it. Sorry everyone...

Im in the same dilema and I think leaving the roof the original color will look really good. Where did you get the CF Wing though? ALso more picture of the wing would be awesome. I have a white GSX so the CF touch would look drop dead sexy

Im in the same dilema and I think leaving the roof the original color will look really good. Where did you get the CF Wing though? ALso more picture of the wing would be awesome. I have a white GSX so the CF touch would look drop dead sexy
Look through my gallery and search ebay for the wing.

You can try CFeclipse for the CBf wing. I know he makes them.

I was also in the same dilemma about the black roof but I did end up going with the black roof. I'm also should be installing my hatch on soon once I get the glass. I already have the hood, rear lip and hatch all made my CFeclipse.

I'd just get some ultra fine graphite black and paint it like #1 with a black base coat. It'll look almost identical colorwise, it just won't have the weave.

edit: Just saw the "decided not to" post. I think it looks nice as is, but the graphite black would look good too. Either way. :thumb:

I say #1, paint it fully, that way if you ever put the Talon front bumper back on it'll have the Talon look to it.

I agree I think you should go with the first option and just paint it all. It looks cleaner anyway. The other options make it look like it's missing something. Good luck either way you choose.

Well, after I moved to Arizona last month a good vinyl shop fell into my lap and I couldn't resist. I had them wrap the roof with CF vinyl and they did a great job, I also got the windows tinted while they were in there.

That looks awesome! The only thing I would change is installing the vinyl sheet rotated 90 degrees from how it was installed there. That way the weave of the hatch would match the "weave" of the vinyl.

That looks awesome! The only thing I would change is installing the vinyl sheet rotated 90 degrees from how it was installed there. That way the weave of the hatch would match the "weave" of the vinyl.

+1 on this.

You can also have the vinyl clear coated to it matches the shinyness of the hood/hatch. or have the hatch and hood wrapped. I'm one of those people that things have to match or it drives me crazy.

Whats done is done. I'm not pulling $250 CF wrap because the weave doesn't match, the weave doesn't match the CF spoiler to hatch nor does it match at the CF hood to CF wipercowl. I guess you either get a crisscross CF weave or don't get CF parts...

Wes, these guys gave it a 5yr warranty! HAH! :)

Those wraps hold up pretty well. Actually the warmer it is the stickier it is cause you can say that sticky stuff bonds better. I've been two years with mine covering my wananabe fog light cover until I miss my fog lights and took it off last week. No peel or fade till I took it off.

Looks good Corey. The only thing I would change (if I could) would be to put a glossy coat on it to match the rest of the cf :)

Good to hear. I need to have the VIS CF hood cleared as the resin it comes with is starting to show signs of sun fade, maybe I'll see what it would cost to "clear" the vinyl wrap while it's at the body shop. :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back