The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Roof Changes

What should I do with the roof?

Votes: 71 86.6%

Votes: 4 4.9%

Votes: 7 8.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gofer

Feb 18, 2006
South Gilbert, Arizona
Installed a carbon fiber hood and hatch and don't like the split in color on the roof, it doesn't flow very well and looks a bit tacky. I've got three ideas here, ones as simple as painting the entire roof black, however, the others are a spin off of the new Scion TC roof line.

Having a tough time deciding if I should do something different with it or not... :hmm:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

:dsm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not gonna happen. I vinyled the roof before and I'm still finding residual glue in places on the roof, that stuff was a PITA to remove and the shape of a 2gs roof led to air bubble problems.

Maybe once I get Tuner wheels under my car and put a nice suspension on it I'll spend the money/time to get the top professionally wrapped.

If it wasnt for the color on number three breaking at the hatch i would say that would look good but since the color is abruptly stopped at the hatch and doesnt flow i say go with number one until you can get it professionally wrapped as you mentioned.

1. Or you could always make your own cf roof. Ive been thinking about making one. But I also have experiance with mold making and makeing fiber glass parts. Nut I really want to make an aluminum roof for my car.

Sweet. Well, it's definitely a blowout in the polls so far. I liked the all black top too, just wanted to weigh all the options because I do like doing something different if it's tasteful. I like the Plastidip because it isn't permanent, if I get tired of it I can peel it off in 10 minutes.

I agree with everyone that the CF vinyl would be great, however, those "gutters" that run across the roof and contour the doors LOVE holding air in them under the vinyl. If I were to wrap it again I'd have to pay a professional because I'd want it to look good but I can't justify doing it just yet because it would be more expensive than any other cosmetic exterior mod I've done, including my wheels. :coy:

Once I'm ready to feature my car in a magazine with a HTA86, built 2.3, 8pt cage, racing seats, and a parachute already on the car then I'll consider dropping the coin to CF wrap the roof. LOL

Thanks everyone for your opinion, I'll post up a photo or two once I'm done.

Number 1. It has the best balance yet flows the best to me. Makes me want to do that to mine haha.

If I used real CF I would do nothing less than this, there's something about putting a CF shell over metal that makes me laugh.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Got another idea ive been looking at this style that scion do scion - Google Search

It looks good i think and still flows rather nicely me thinks!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well they all look good.I'm a huge fan of plastic dip, I did the ram emblems on my new ram in plastic dip n they look great. I voted for 3 cause 1 just reminds me of a talon and 2 I just don't like it. I like 3 cause that little bit of red gives the car a little more contrast to it rather than just a black top and red bottom but that just my .02 either way it's a sick car

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back