The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

roller rocker on intake side

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canonize-ryda

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 8, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
The rockers, one or 2 of them slightly wiggle or seem loose. If that means those valves are bent or something could i use exhaust valves for the intake side? I have 8 exhaust valves sitting around and only maybe 2 intake valves laying around, so i was thinking if the intake ones were not in good shape then i good use better shaped exhaust ones. Thanks

It could. I would just bring it to a machine shop and have them pressure check the head.

Well can i pull the head and check the valves? I have no money and no way to get this car to any shop. Is there like a poor man method here i can employ?

Not really, if they are damaged bad enough you can tell by eye, but sometimes things are bent just enough.

You can look at your piston tops to see if their is any sign of them making contact with your valves.

Y would you have bent a valve"s?? Have you checked timing and the belt?? Remember we have hydrolic lifters in our motors so if a lifter is bad or not working correctly it may cause a roller rocker to sit lose.. Correct me if im wrong..

I have Zero compression. And i don't know how to check the lifters. I was guessing bent valves and with the valve cover off i can blow threw the number one cylinder and air comes out 2,3 and 4. I even went as far as to block off 2 holes and blow in one with one open and it gets all the air then. I honestly think my head gasket is near non-existent.

Did you do a leak down test? This is information that would have been good to know.

No i don't have means to do a leak-down test. I can blow into it with my mouth a feel air Out the other holes so i'm sure if i did a leak down thats where the air would go out of. But say i plug them then maybe i can tell that way but still i have no way to do the test.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back