The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Roll Cage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFlashDSM

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2010
stony brook, New_York
95-99 eclipse gsx,

anybody use this weld in cage?

U-Weld Full Cage Kit
95-99 Mitsubishi Eclipse

This welded kit makes a race legal 6 mounting point roll cage. It closely conforms to your car’s interior, allowing quick entry & exiting. Precision fit, 6 mounting point U-Weld design.

Suitable for road racing, drag racing, rally racing, land speed and other high performance applications.

• Top of the line in fit and construction.
  • U-Weld cages are made to order, allowing for tube size and type to be selected.
  • Known as the best fitting pre-fab cage available.

http://www.lpiracing.com/Autopower-...lon-Mitsubishi-Eclipse-33972-14157p200197.htm

http://www.autopowerindustries.com/Roll-Bars-Cages/Mitsubishi-Eclipse-1995-1999?syear=1999

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

What are events/organization are you planning to compete in?

There isn't a "one size fits all" cage. Many organizations have their own requirements to caging. I would verify this conforms to your needs. I would bet that you would be better off getting one made by a professional tailored to your car for the price. Also consider that a helmet should be worn by any occupants in a caged car.

Last edited:
What are events/organization are you planning to compete in?

There isn't a "one size fits all" cage. Many organizations have their own requirements to caging. I would verify this conforms to your needs. I would bet that you would be better off getting one made by a professional tailored to your car for the price. Also consider that a helmet should be worn by any occupants in a caged car.

drag racing, and the problem is no 1 around me does cages any more, so this is kinda my option for now, and yea i kinda figured the helmet thing, but some pool noodles cut up should protect us from the metal LOL

I bought a kit from a reputable business years ago, and it turned out to be EWS tubing...not DOM. Your best bet is to find a "local" business that knows what they're doing. I had someone an hour away put the cage in my car, ended up being real reasonable and it certs.

There are a few companys that offer great cages for our cars and offer different materials aswell, there is kind of a 1 size fits all but it depends on how many points and bars across you want. Main one im thinking if is Rhodesracecars.com

KKC if your going to do a pre-bent cage, still need someone that knows what they're doing welding it in to pass any kind of race sanction inspection. Kens Kustom Chassis : Cages

Here's an install from a forum member...
My 2g KKC 10pt Moly Cage

Or, your best bet, contacting STM (they're 6hrs away from you) and see if they recommend anyone down in your part of the country.

I didn't read you're in Stony Brook...I had a friend in Syracuse do mine. If you're interested and can get the car up there, let me know. Or, STM is also a great route, if you want to spend all your lunch money.

KKC if your going to do a pre-bent cage, still need someone that knows what they're doing welding it in to pass any kind of race sanction inspection. Kens Kustom Chassis : Cages

Here's an install from a forum member...
My 2g KKC 10pt Moly Cage

Or, your best bet, contacting STM (they're 6hrs away from you) and see if they recommend anyone down in your part of the country.

this is the best thread ever im gonna contact kkc and pick up a cage asap,

I didn't read you're in Stony Brook...I had a friend in Syracuse do mine. If you're interested and can get the car up there, let me know. Or, STM is also a great route, if you want to spend all your lunch money.

im not looking to bring my car anywhere to get a cage made for it i just need a pre made one and have a cert. welder tig it in

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back