The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Roll Cage Fabrication in Northern Colorado?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehc14

Proven Member
Oct 21, 2012
Fort Collins, Colorado
I live up in Fort Collins CO and was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a good 10-pt cage fabbed up for a 1g talon?

You could order a pre-bent cage then just get it welded together. You should also buy a NHRA or what ever kind of racing you plan on doing rule book to make sure the cage fits the rules.

Here is a link to a lace that makes pretty nice pre bent cages for 1g's and 2g's.
Roll Bars

Do the pre-bent cages fit well? I know the rules state that the bars have to be x-amount of inches away from my head so I'd wanna make sure that worked out! I can't weld or bend (no equipment) so I would probably have to take that route.

Not quite as north as you but, No Coast Motorsports

Or call SCR Performance in Loveland. They don't do cages but can direct you to someone up north who does. Their service manager had his gvr4 rally car done by the same guy who they sublet their cage work to. It's a good looking cage.

I just got my car back from ryan from roninmotorsport dot com and I'm very happy with it. Fits super tight with the interior and he can build to what ever specs you want.

he's located in Milliken. I had it built how i wanted so its kinda a cross between nhra and scca styles but it will give an idea of his work.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
he's located in Milliken. I had it built how i wanted so its kinda a cross between nhra and scca styles but it will give an idea of his work.

I hate to ask, but how much does he charge?

I delivered my car stripped with just driver seat and it cost me $1650. that's with 1.5" x .120 wall DOM tubing, ERW tubing would of course be a lot cheaper. sounds expensive but your gonna be around that even if you buy a cage kit and than pay someone to put it in.

Whomever referenced SCR that's a good recommendation. I've seen the work they farm out to a local fabricator. His art is on display on Jake Latham's race car being stored on-site as well as about 6 additional shop racecars cars in various storage garages. The work is excellent! You definitely don't have to second guess where you want to sit. ;)

FYI, I believe he charges around $5.00 per foot for cage work and $50 per baseplate and taco gusset. He gave me some pricing when I had my suspension tuned and racing alignment.

Jeremy

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back