The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Roll cage Builder Near buffalo new york?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM's 4 life

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 13, 2011
Buffalo, New_York
As the title says I am looking for a reputiable shop to fabricat a roll cage for my 1g dsm. The closer the better but If it was In rochester that wouldent be an issue.

Have you tried contacting Innovative? I'm not sure how much fabrication they do though. Or STM in Rochester? Try to contact them and see what they do. Also, there is a newer place in Springville. I believe it is called "The Car Shop". Their number is 716-592-2060.
Not positive on any of these about doing roll cages but they are all good shops that deal with tuner and performance cars.

I will never go to innovative even though it is close to me. I always buy stuff from stm and i love how clean they keep their shop from when i saw it on dyno day. Does stm fabricate cages? I will have to give the shops a call i think i am actually stoping by stm to pick up some parts so i can just ask one of the guys their.

Attachments

• roll cage idea.jpg
    roll cage idea.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 173
Yeah like I said, I'm not positive if they do roll cages. If they don't, I'm sure they know who does in that area. Why don't you like innovative? Have you been screwed by them as well?

I purchased used ECM V.3 and an a AEM wideband from someone locally The tune that Innovative had charged him $400 for was awful. I can tune better... and the wide-band he had hooked to that ecu was on the wrong setting witch could potentially burn the capacitors up in the ecu just from that I am staying far clear of that place along with" TheDsmGraveyard".

Wow really? That sucks. I've been ripped off by them before too. I was having a CEL that I couldn't get rid of no matter what so I finally gave in and took it to Innovative. They figured out it was the ECU so they replaced that. Then they told me that my TPS was bad so I was getting another CEL. It took them 2 hours to trace it the sensor being bad. So I picked it up from them and was going to replace the sensor myself. I bought a new sensor, put it on and still got the CEL. Turns out when they were doing my ECU, they disconnected the wire for TPS and left it. So I got charged an extra $95/hour x2 for something they did. I think my total bill was like $600...all for them to replace my ECU (which I could have done in 10 minutes). Haven't been there since.

Let me know what STM says about the roll cage.

I Was talking it over with my buddy I think I am going to purchase a pipe bender and a mig welder if you would be interested I would do it for cost just to get some practice.

There is a guy in Tonawanda and he is on here I think his name is Colt 4G63, I know he works on a lot of 1g's but not sure about welding. I haven't lived in Tonawanda in 2 years so I dont really know who does what anymore but its worth a shot

^dude I remember texting you from Craigslist once haha. yeah colt is a good guy he helped me diagnose a no start issue. he actually owns his owns shop.

Colt4g63also (Dayo) has helped me a lot. From tracing pesky leaks to tuning to extracting broken bolts. Very knowledgable on a wide variety. I would recommend him to anyone with any type of problems.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back