The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Rods That Can Handle 700 Crank Horsepower

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle H-Beams will be more than plenty. I ran them in my last motor for 3 years with no issues making a few HP more than your goal. They can handle 1000+HP no problem, just be sure the rest of the engine can handle it, and make sure you have a damn good tune on good gas.

I would also recommend using upgraded 0.220"-wall wrist pins with them.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys... But, aren't all of those H Beam rods produced in the same factory and then shipped to the respective "Manufacturer" eagle, scat, manley, and BC... Then, all the finishing machine work is done by them?

In that respect... I've heard that Manley's machine work and final measurements are second to no one! And are dead on every time.

Last edited:
Hey thanks guys, I actually pulled the trigger twice. I bought some Eagle rods then bought some Scat rods. LOL. I have to motor i am putting togeter. or my 1g im gonna have the Scat Wossner Combo, and for the 4g63 Starion i doing Eagle rods. I got a Deal on the Scats and then got a really good deal from MAPerformance so i bought the eagles.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back