The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Rocker Arm order?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No, rockers are interchangeable, they are not specific like cam caps

Alright, thanks. I couldnt find anything that exactly said it, so i thought i would ask. Lastly, what about my lifters...i tried to push them down and they dont move. Is that normal?

You need to bleed them thoroughly before reinstalling them. They'll tick for a good 10 min after startup, just let it idle for awhile and it'll quiet down.

I like to use the back of a small drill bit instead of wire, but this will give you a rough idea

YouTube - Bleeding 4g63 lifters

No, rockers are interchangeable, they are not specific like cam caps

Hey guys, so im installing my rocker arms again on the car and bout ready to put the cams on.

I noticed there are numbers on the rocker arms now. Is there any certain order they go on?

Technically the manual says to keep them in order, however I don't believe it makes a difference either.

Technically the manual says to keep them in order, however I don't believe it makes a difference either.

They just say that because of individual wear patterns that occur. I have known people to mix them up without any undesireable effects though.

Ok, thanks guys, im just getting everything ready and "re installed" today, timing will be done tomorrow, and hopefully getting this thing done.

And thanks for the video, i found the write up and read about bleeding them already.

I just need to get these done and then the cams can do in and be ready to set the timing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back