The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G ROCKER ARM CLIPS! i found something really cool! no more rocker arms popping off!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFlashDSM

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2010
stony brook, New_York
I was doing some browsing and i came across this video and these clips for the evo rocker arms for our motors!!
the clips almost look like clips you would find on a plastic shield on a car that a screw goes into
like this clip and its been drilled out!
I think I'm gonna try this and see if i can make my own for a fraction of the price! ill be back soon with an update!
this is amazing if anybody wants to discuses this!

clip look a like that I will experiment with--->> https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hillman-2-Count-10-Black-Phosphate-Standard-SAE-U-Spring-Nuts/3013206

clips already made----> https://denstoj.com.au/products/4g63-pivot-retainer-clips

video--->
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
I don't have any experience, so can't say anything for sure and yes the idea looks great. But I would be worried about collateral damages on head components especially with cams in case if rocker arms try to fall down or get broken with those clips. In some case it may be better if you would just drop rocker arms. There are reasons to fall, so.

Last edited:
Yes, nice idea but IMHO I would be worried about the wear on the clip arms where they contact the lash adjuster (which holds the clip on). Enough wear may let the clips slide off (and then engine damage from the clips getting tangled up with the cam shaft - since the clips are so light weight they are even more likely to get tangled than a heavier fallen off rocker arm). Remember the rockers are moving 10-100 times a second.

Your first link doesn´t work. Anyway. It sounds interesting
fist link fixed!

I don't have any experience, so can't say anything for sure and yes the idea looks great. But I would be worried about collateral damages on head components especially with cams in case if rocker arms try to fall down or get broken with those clips. In some case it may be better if you would just drop rocker arms. There are reasons to fall, so.
this could be more for race application, where maybe after 10x runs you replace them
Yes, nice idea but IMHO I would be worried about the wear on the clip arms where they contact the lash adjuster (which holds the clip on). Enough wear may let the clips slide off (and then engine damage from the clips getting tangled up with the cam shaft - since the clips are so light weight they are even more likely to get tangled than a heavier fallen off rocker arm). Remember the rockers are moving 10-100 times a second.
i think this would be a great idea for more serious racers out there, high revving, where a rocker problem occur. these clips are like doing a clutch in the car, you inspect and change as needed, but it sure would prevent a lot of damage, and if a clip brakes and falls off, due to the size of the clip compared to the rocker, i think the clip would just get destroyed but not the motor

Yeah, we went through this not long ago. It's a terrible idea. The rockers do no come off if the valve train remains in control. If your rockers are comming off, fix the problem, not the symptom, or else you will be buying a motor.

Yeah, we went through this not long ago. It's a terrible idea. The rockers do no come off if the valve train remains in control. If your rockers are comming off, fix the problem, not the symptom, or else you will be buying a motor.
yea what you said LOL i understand valvetrain and seat pressure and valve float, i just found these and thought hey that pretty cool LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back