The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

RM Sway Bar installed..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larryd

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 26, 2001
Bear, Delaware
notice i said bar not bars ;).. I just did the rear one and Im taking a break.. what a pain in the balls.. the bolts didnt line up perfect so it was a pain to get the bolts in and the nuts on the end of the pivot joint thingy were both rusted on.. ARGH.. took me about 2 hours to do the rear one and the front looks like it aint gonna be any funner.. wish me luck :)

Good luck I was thinking about getting a set of these since there shop is about 20 min from me here in AZ. Let us know how the front one was.

Later,

done.. it actually wasnt as bad as I thought it would be though you ahve to take down alot of stuff in the way.. all told about an hours worth of work but not too bad.. ofcourse Ill tell you how the car feels once I have brakes again.. reference my other post :(

i did the RM sway bars about a year ago. I bought them used on the trader for 200$. I must say the install was kinda tough. the rear wasnt hard at all. the front was a pain cuz its hard as hell to squeeze the bar over the drive shaft. I also installed ground controls with tockico 5ways and i must say the handling characteristics were changed more so with the sway bars than the rest. It gets rid of body roll and the steering is a lot more responsive. Be careful though if ur car makes decent power i got the ass end around a few times with the slight oversteer these bars create. All in all this is i feel the single best suspension mod u can do to these cars

I just did mine last weekend. I had problems with the links, they were a pain even had to cut one off. cost $80 to replace all the links. on the front all i took off were the two plates, and actually didn't take the passenger side all the way off. easy getting out but tight getting the new one in. now I'm looking at caber kits!

what problem did u have with the links?? I know I had a hella hard time getting them undone, even stripped out one of the front ones with the allen key inside.. ended up using a pair of needle nose pliers locked on there to get em to stay in place..

Just couldn't get the nuts off. No allen on mine. Got the nut half way off and then it just stopped, tried everything and finally cut it off. I tore one of the rubber boots up so I just replaced them all.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back