The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

RM Racing 2G Rear Sway Bars Interest Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mach V Dan

Supporting Vendor
May 4, 2004
Sterling, Virginia
Hi all,

I've been somewhat gently but persistently prodded by a few people on here that there's a need for decent 2G DSM AWD sway bars. We used to produce and sell these under the RM Racing brand, but our last batch took a long time to sell out, so we decided not to make them again.

Here's your chance to convince me otherwise.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

We do still offer the front bar, which is HERE, although I only have a few left. Also, we do currently offer replacement bushing sets. No waiting on those.

Sway bar manufacturing requires large setup costs, both in making the bars and in finishing them, so I can't make a batch less than 75 pieces.

Cost on the bars will be a little higher than before, at $199 for a single front or rear bar with bushings, or $339 for the full set of two bars and bushings.

Post here if you would buy one, or a pair, and we'll see how it goes. Let me know specifically what car you have and whether you would want a pair or just the rear bar.

To be clear, this is not a group buy, just a thread to establish interest.

Edit: Prices updated. We have enough interest, so I have started manufacturing of the bars. Delivery time is estimated at mid-February.

Edit: The bars are DONE and here! You can now order...

2G Front Sway Bar (fits FWD or AWD)
2G FWD Rear Sway Bar
2G AWD Rear Sway Bar
2G FWD Full Set
2G AWD Full Set
Replacement bushing set

Interest list:
1. @boriscsx (rear, possibly front)
2. @GSXbooster (full set)
3. @MaxThrustJELLO (full set)
4. @ERJ-145 driver (rear)
5. @99OZDSM (rear, maybe front)
6. @efrainz28 (full set, extra bushings)
7. @sinned4g63 (FWD set, bushings)
8. @Szlaga (rear)
9. @YERFDOG (full set)
10. @Jerzm3 (bunch)
11. @Jacolu3 (rear)
12. @Eclipse 1998 (full set, extra bushings)
13. @ajstrinidad (rear)
14. @Type1DSMr (full set)
15. @kronus (full set)
16. @ERJ-145 driver (full set)
17. @kpz11 (full set)
18. @GoCanes777 (FWD full set)
19. @SlowRedDSM (full set)
20. @steve-o_95_GST (AWD full set)
21. @Black95TSIawd (bushings)
22. @slowwhite (full set)
23. @ViciousLord (full set, extra bushings)
24. @TheLemon (full set)
25. @Cooper-97gst (full set)
26. @Mitchel63 (bushings)
27. @llxkevinxll (full set)
28. @Kenny07 (full set)
29. @mitsumike0 (full set)
30. @Aproductions (full set)
31. @bluespunk (full set)
32. @tunedbysaturnsl (full set)
33. @mantega4g63 (full set)
34. @chinola69 (rear, maybe front)
35. @4Lurker4 (full set)
36. @Apache (full set)
37. @B00stAddictedGsx (full set, probably)
38. @asexton6969 (full set, extra bushings)
39. @Jesset413 (rear, maybe front)
40. @bmw335ikt (full set, extra bushings)
41. @DSM 99 (full set)
41. @WhiteGSX07 (full set)
42. @Tigerinstincts (rear)
43. @Rustic gst (full set)
44. @AdR (full set)
45. @raptoranderson (rear)
46. @rommel rojasgsx (rear, maybe front)
47. @TrevoREX (full set)
48. @95talongirl (full set)
49. @SpyderEclipse_97 (FWD set)
50. @ManticSHadow (full set, or two)
51. @shinzon (full set)
52. @mitsumikey (full set)
53. @bu3bu3 (full set)
54. @VegasTuner (full set)
55. @ames905 (2x full set)
56. @SlowSpyder (full set + rear bar)
57. @AndrewG87 (full set)
58. @CloudGSX (full set)
59. @ronnievermilion (full set)

--Dan
Mach V
MachV.com

Last edited:
Thanks Dan! Count me in for a rear bar. I would also be willing to buy a front bar too if the need arises. GSX model.

To anyone on the fence, these are the best bars made for our platform so you do not want to miss out. I've been looking for these bars for over a year! There is no competition on the market.

How much stiffer is the rear one btw? Does it have different setting or just one? Thanks

I would love a set front and rear for my GST. The bushings are in need of replacements and this would be a nice and easy upgrade while I'm there. Would %110 buy a pair!

Hi all,

I've been somewhat gently but persistently prodded by a few people on here that there's a need for decent 2G DSM AWD sway bars. We used to produce and sell these under the RM Racing brand, but our last batch took a long time to sell out, so we decided not to make them again.

Here's your chance to convince me otherwise.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

We do still offer the front bar, which is HERE, although I only have a few left.

Sway bar manufacturing requires large setup costs, both in making the bars and in finishing them, so I can't make a batch less than 75 pieces.

Cost on the bars would be the same as it was before, so $184 for a single rear bar with bushings, or $299 for the full set of two bars and bushings.

Post here if you would buy one, or a pair, and we'll see how it goes. Let me know specifically what car you have and whether you would want a pair or just the rear bar.

To be clear, this is not a group buy, just a thread to establish interest.

--Dan
Mach V
MachV.com
I already have a set on my 99 gsx. I would love another set for my 96 gsx build (front and back). Along with extra bushings for the future. I've been searching all over and hopefully we can get this going again. Thanks!

100% want a front/rear set for my GSX!

In for an AWD set.

Are these bars even adjustable? It looks like they aren't from the pic. Besides being the only rear bar that supposedly fits without issue on an AWD, what makes this bar better than the adjustable bars offered by ST and the like? As far as I can tell this is just a slightly fatter version of the stocker with $10 prothane bushings (you guys do know you can buy prothane sway bar bushings-with lube- on eBay or amazon right?). If this thread is intended to garner interest in production, can you actually produce an improved model with different ends? Personally I don't see the point in replacing the whole bar if I can't even tighten it, especially if using OEM links. Someone please enlighten me or attest to improvements in handling over just putting prothane bushings and new links on. When I adjust my ST bar the difference is very noticeable. Why is everyone buying these?

Not trying to be a dick here, just want to know why these cost so much compared to something like this
https://m.ebay.com/itm/GODSPEED-FOR-95-99-ECLIPSE-FRONT-REAR-SWAY-BAR-SUSPENSION/161623305677?fits=Year:1996|Model:Eclipse&hash=item25a17fedcd:g:jmcAAOSw1S9WgZh9

I know it says FWD only but I'm almost positive these will fit AWD with a drop down exhaust (I had a buddy with "eBay" bars and an apexi but I'm not sure if this is the one)

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back