The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Ring gap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4G63_Savage

Proven Member
Apr 3, 2014
Orlando, Florida
Hey guys I need help ASAP if I could
I have Wiseco piston and rings and my PTW clearance is .0035. Now how does my top ring gapped at .020 and my 2nd ring gapped at .024 sound?i called Wiseco and that about what they told me I just loosened up the bottom ring do to the amount of boost it will see

That's a pretty standard gap if you do a little searching and is commonly recommended. It's also what I used in my block as well I'm currently building. The pistons come with a chart as well to do the math for your particular application.

Since the redirects are not working here is a cached version of a thread about this topic and BogusSVO goes through the calculation.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:XauWVesn8SAJ:www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/419204-wiseco-standard-bore-piston-ring-gapping.html &cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Best of luck with your build.

.018-.020" on the 1st ring and .022-.024" on the 2nd ring is very common. What boost are you planning on running? I'm right in the middle of that range on both rings and I'm running 35psi and about 60lb/min. I've got great compression but a little more blow by than I'd like, so I just change my oil more often.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back