The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Ridiculous Speed Limit Sign

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hahahaha awesome.... they actually do have those type signs though. A friend had gotten pulled over by a cop and the kid asked what for.

Cop: For speeding
Kid: I wasnt speeding when i went past you i was doing 70
Cop: Yea, you were going 70 but at mile marker 63 you were going 80mph
Kid: How do you no that?
Cop: That plane up there (as the cop points)

A plane is flying overhead.

i dont know how an officer timing you with a stop watch at mile markers from the sky is admissible in court

I don't see a sidewalk in the video, pedestrians should be of no safety concern. People need to get lives. Kids need to be taught to look both ways and to stay out of the street. A person can still be hit at or below the speed limit. People need to stop thinking they are the police. There is a back road locally out in the country that used to be 35. Some kid got hit like 30 years ago and the speed limit has been 25 ever since. BS. SHIT HAPPENS!

I don't see a sidewalk in the video, pedestrians should be of no safety concern. People need to get lives. Kids need to be taught to look both ways and to stay out of the street. A person can still be hit at or below the speed limit. People need to stop thinking they are the police. There is a back road locally out in the country that used to be 35. Some kid got hit like 30 years ago and the speed limit has been 25 ever since. BS. SHIT HAPPENS!

Did you finish the video?

i dont know how an officer timing you with a stop watch at mile markers from the sky is admissible in court

Why wouldn't it be? They know the distance you covered and the time you covered it in, therefore they know your speed. Whether the cop is in a chopper or in a car is irrelevant.

A guy i work with got a ticket by helicopter in NH or VT several years back. It's rare, but occasionally police do use aircraft.

You are the strangest person I have ever encountered..

You must not have seen the Longbow at the end blow the FVCK out of the speeding car?

Aerial view will hold up better than a ground unit due to accuracy. The plane can see a birds-eye-view of the vehicle and accurately time say nose-nose on the lines. A ground unit is going to be off if using a stop watch as the start/stop points will be different.

yeah it will be better in the air but on the ground they have radar/laser. how accurate can they calculate your speed though with human reaction delay on either end of the stop watch? i didnt do the math so i could be entirely wrong but i would assume at a high rate of speed a few tenths off on either end of starting and stopping could affect your "calculated" speed. and if youre on the edges of each speeding offense range you could get screwed no?

i just think the human error factor is too high, i know police can also determine your speed by pacing you for a little bit which i think is also bs.

^^ They can use the same technique (timing between 2 points) on the ground and it's admissible.

:hellyeah:

Wasn't expecting that!

I was hoping for a dsm to go blasting through as the guy walked towards the sign!

Haha didn't finish the video before. It sounded too ordinary and non-staged so I got pissed and shit it off.

I've actually seen that happen. Well, an Apache Longbow.

It was glorious. :D

I'm going to Warrant Officer school with the hopes of getting to touch one :)

On the New Jersey Turnpike you take a ticket once you enter the turnpike/ highway and when you exit out your exit you insert the ticket to pay the toll amount for you travel, well they know the estimated time it takes from when you pick up the ticket and then when you return it at the exit..

sooo they know if you are speeding if you get there faster than the estimated time

That's a pretty smart way of doing things. It's direct proof without invasion of privacy. But you can still speed and get away with it if you have to sit in line at the tolls. And you need to travel really long distances to get any kind of huge disparity, like minutes, in time from major speeding.

It wont hold up in court in CA. Dunno about other states..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back