The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Ridiculous Installs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SinaiTSi

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 5, 2005
Misawa, Japan, Asia
What's the most ridiculous/stupid thing you've installed on a car?
A few years back, when I was young and stupid, my friend and I installed some sweet NeOnZ on his mom's accord. That thing was big pimpin' son! We thought they were awesome the whole week they lasted.

i installed a aircraft landing lights on my eclipse becuase people kept there high beams on and i pissed me off. So i blinded the hell out of them, there off now becuase i did it to a cop becuase he left his beams on, so i turned mine on. he said i had to unhook the switch and unistall them the next day.

Is that a v6 badge from an accord on the back under the right tailight?

EDIT: NEVERMIND I thought it was a neonROFL ROFL :D

yeah doing undercar neons is probably one of the more annoying and time consuming things to do to a car.

i think as far as the DSM goes, my most time consuming mod was building the rear fiberglass enclosure and wiring it all up.

I don't know about installations, but a guy I knew flipped his car into a canal. When they towed it out he would still drive it around town (it was terribly ####ed up.. shouldn't have been driving it). Anyways, his muffler had done a 180 in the flip and his exhaust flow was pinched, so he had me take a sawz-all to it. Needless to say, the thing sounded like crap afterwards, but it was pretty damn funny to see/hear this guy driving around town.

I had an older Saab a few years ago and the cat fell off, needless to say I got a kick (and a few headaches) from driving it around like that. People just would stare in awe as the saw the worlds loudest POS hit redline with just headers.

not really stupid.. but stpid on my part..
I installed my HKS turbo timer... got the main timer installed.. then went ont ot he special "features" (digital tach, digital speedometer, etc.)
and.. well
1) I Couldnt find the english instructions... so afetr a good 2 hours of looking. tryign to figur eout on my own.. than quitting and searching on line... i foudn that the english sheet was sitting in the car the whole time :coy:

2)when splicing into one of the wires on the ECU (for tach or spedometer, cant remember)
I accadently Cut the wire in half :shhh: ..... now if ONLY thatw as all I did... It just so happened I counted wrong and was one pin/wire over:cry: (i figured this out AFTER i installed every thng 3 times wondering why it wasnt working)

:tease:

a_scobel said:
What'd you install? :confused: You take the exhaust off the mini bike & put it on the civic? :D Or Accord...they all look the same to me :(

That picture is from the install I was talking about. It was a V6 Accord, riced to the max, muffler back dual exhaust, altezzas, neons.......actually it did have an intake too. Let me remind you, this was a long time ago and it was our first install on a car. Needless to say it, they worked out great untill the car was driven over railroad tracks and the neons broke. I don't even look back embarassed that we did that, I actually think it's hilarious. The car has since been sold though.

I put an HKS shortram on my 1997 Astrovan AWD. I believe it was originally from an eclipse GS, but I'm not sure. It's still on there 3 years later and it works fine.

I also put in under the dash neons in my GSX, but that was back in the day when I got it and wanted to enter it in a show, so I needed some ###. Got me a trophy though.

I hardwires rally lights into the inside of my car, with a handle and a switch, so I could either beam pedestrians, houses, or whatever I want to.

on my 93 beretta i used to have,i intalled some neons under it.well the passenger bulb didnt work,so i said screw it.it only looked cool if i was driving in the right lane.i went through 3 set of bulbs before i got my money back.

Friend installed a LEAF BLOWER onto his 2.5 RS.

Yea, I said it. A leaf blower. Even wired it to come on at WOT. I watched, but took no part.

Kid is the most random person I've ever met. And he just fabbed up putting a stock WRX turbo on the car. That was fun to watch too.

Not really installed, but i put stickers on the side of my car. They didn't stay on their too long after I found this website though.

Made a cold air intake for a grandam"not my car" Out of siding LOL

The kid was dead set on it, I really didnt do any of the work but watched and laugh.

I also built a cold air intake for my friend Grand am.....Till he ran into a puddle and thru a rod.....

I have been a victim to neonz and have installed some in my 3rd gen. When I first got my DSM, it took me 2hours and a trip to Home Depot to install a boost guage :coy:

This wasn't really an install, it was more of a replacement. My subframe. The part that goes from the driver's side to the passenger side and has all the suspension parts and steering rack on it. It was rather ridiculous.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back