The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink Rich afr (9's) under swift acceleration

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freddyk79

Proven Member
Mar 18, 2015
menomonee falls, Wisconsin
My dsm link v3 tune (pump 93) is dialed in fairly well. Only issue is if im rolling about 2k in 2nd gear and snap the pedal down it richens up and hesitates pretty bad. Actually bucked a lil bit today. With Afr's ~9.

Anything setup wise under the hood that maybe causing it? Or is it strictly the tune?

I do have a small spectre filter on my 2g m
af, which isnt ideal, but its the only thing that fits with my smic hard pipes.

Last edited:
i think your maf settings are slightly off below 400hz which is why it stumbles at WOT below 3000rpms.
early in the finetune log your WOT pulls are near perfect, notice you start boosting at around 4000rpms. when you get rich it's when you are down low in the rpm range at like 1500-2500rpms which is around the 200-400hz mark.
from 500hz to 1600hz your mafcomp is very nice. but under 400hz needs some attention. i tried a mafcompadj tool function on the finetune log and it seemed to give some suggestions similar to what i am seeing is needed in the log.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back