The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Revining an old engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWHTanK

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 23, 2011
Odessa, Missouri
Ive got low milage engine 60,000 miles on it thats been siting in a barn for 5 years coverd up. Im putting the motor back in and should i be concerned about moisture in the cylinders cause of condensation? Should i take out the plugs and spray something like wd40 in it or something else,or not worry about it.

I'd certainly make sure to take care of basic upkeep before even starting it...IE plugs, fluids, belts, etc.

I'd change the head, valve cover, cam seals, intake, exhaust and throttle body gaskets at the very least. With the head off you will be able to tell if there are any potential problems lurking.

Good luck!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back