The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

reverse glow gauges installation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1gdsmftw

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 15, 2010
antioch, Tennessee
well...purchased some white faced gauges with reverse glow! they work great but i cant seem to figure out which fuse i should tap the positive feed into to make sure that it only comes on when i turn my gauges on.. help?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

resolved

ebay 40 bucks free shipping i can link u to the seller!

and yes actually its been running...but the iac is bad and so is the tb friend of mine is mailing both out to me so im waiting on that and ill be good to go!

Cool. Yeah send me the link. We need to meet up. And try and get some others to as well. I met jakenshank at IA on sunday. Cool dude. Mabe we can get him out. My friend just a fwd laser. Needs a lot of work. Turbo is frozen solid. But car is preety clean. Well after a good wash and vac it will be. LOL.

Last edited:
oh ok...so if i put mine back on it will glow just fine?

Yes, and when you dim the dash lights your needles will dim and brighten..

I need to get my block tore down but what I am gonna do it use everything except the obviously fried pistons and rings and a new head gasket of course.. Would you like to help me? I have never tore down a DSM block before. My plan is to not take out the crank and re-use the bearings because they only have 1200 miles on them.. I just need to pull the head and get the pistons and rods out so I can get the new pistons pressed onto the rods then put it all back together. Does this sound easy enough to you?

Looks good man! I want to do the S2000 cluster swap in mine... suppose I should get it running right first ROFL

i dont see the appeal of doing the s2k cluster....

why not modify a stock cluster to run all aftermarket gauges? thats what my next project is...i wanna run speed rpm boost wideband oil water and fuel all in just the stock gauge housng somehow

you didnt jack it LOL its all about gauge ideas!

btw redliner...i put the stock overlays back on underneath...did u use leds? or bright white lights? to make the gauge cluster shine like that???? mines not nearly as bright

Yes, and when you dim the dash lights your needles will dim and brighten..

I need to get my block tore down but what I am gonna do it use everything except the obviously fried pistons and rings and a new head gasket of course.. Would you like to help me? I have never tore down a DSM block before. My plan is to not take out the crank and re-use the bearings because they only have 1200 miles on them.. I just need to pull the head and get the pistons and rods out so I can get the new pistons pressed onto the rods then put it all back together. Does this sound easy enough to you?

best thing you can do man..ik the bearings only have 1200 miles on them but u may as well just redo them again if ## gonna pull them off!

as for pulling the pistons out and putting new ones in with new rings...make sure u have proper spacing...and u need to hone the block...id take advantage of it being in this state and having it bored over like .040 over for a little more pep!

this means oversized rings...u can still use stock headgasket will be fine

but i can help u tear down no biggins! ill help u reassemble too but i cant do machine work...

but obviously i cant do much with a broken car in the driveway haha

i thought so LOL...btw do u still have that maft setup??? i have a 2g maf and hardpipe if your still looking!

No i got rid of it..

I would really be greatful of your help with the tear down and rebuild. I am not gonna go over .40 just yet because I need to get this car back together fast. I was using it as my DD and I am gonna have to be driving back and forth from Nashville 5 days a week soon. I can redo the bearing no big but I dont want to have to take out the crank.. Give me a call (931) 436-7276 -Andy

ill give you a call asap man...like i said through text i couldnt call last night i was getting ready for bed when i got on here and saw your post! i work early mornings 3am to 8am so ill get at ya!

do you know how to hook up a wideband and a safc? maybe in return for me helpin u out u can hook this stuff up for me LOL im ace with engine work but tuning electronics arent my thing just yet! OH and what did you use to make your lights bright as far as back lights? mine still arent quite as bright as yours

Yea I will hook up your wide band and afc. I will help you tune it too. As far an the lights are concerned. That how bright they were when I bought the car but we can tear them apart and see what is different on mine. I am good at street tuning so I will get your afc right for you.

sweet sounds good honestly it sounds like someone planted leds in yours which is ###### what i need

really? an edit? i said really rofl

I am glad you got a wideband because it would be hard as hell for me to tune without it. Does your exhaust pipe have a bung for the exhaust sensor?

nope it sure doesnt bahaha ill ###### have my dad weld one of the ones on that my kit came with..i cant do shit till i get a gauge though....dont worry it came with not only bungs but plugs for the bungs as well!

If you have a DD then just bring your downpipe and I will drill it and weld in the bung.

only other vehicles i got down here is my gf's broke ass saturn with a blown transmission haha my moms hyundai accent (id have to talk her into letting me cram dirty car parts into it and dads truck which is only available on weekends but i bet i could talk him into his truck if it means he doesnt have to do anything...i need to learn to weld damnit

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back