The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

rev limiter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haze

Probationary Member
Sep 24, 2005
Glendale, Arizona
Okay i've seen it millions of times, I just dont know how to get it.

You know at the start of a race, a car will give it all gas, but a rev limiter kicks in at somewhere like 4k rpms, or wherever, to give you a cleaner start? how do i do this, i have a 99 gst.

What you are referring to is a stutterbox. To do this, you need to find a '95 EPROM ECU and have it socketed. From there you can either choose DSMLink, or have a chip burned for you. The DSMLink chip will allow you to tune basically everything on your car and adjust what RPM you want your stutterbox, and a custom chip will burn your fuel maps per your setup and have a few selectable RPM points for stutterbox.

Another product that has this feature is an MSD ignition system, but in my personal opinion the MSD is not a worthwhile mod for most people.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back