The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

rev limiter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mybrothersgst

Probationary Member
Mar 19, 2005
Miami, Florida
About a week ago i was driving my brother gst and decided that a little bit of redlining would wake me up. I was in second and was running its to around its limit but for some odd reason the rpm just kept climbing. I notice when i heard my engine sounding a little high. By the time i looked down i was at 8500. This only happens in second gear. Why??? :dsm:

WTF??

It's because youre not supposed to rev it that hight. You dont drive a high revver like an S2K Honda. The tach is there so you can keep an eye on your RPMs, lower gears reach its redline much earlier than your high gears,

Im surprised you did not break anything. How I know? Well youre still alive!! If my bro did that to my car, he should start running for his dear life. LOL!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back