The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

[RESOLVED] What alternator would fit in a 1997 mitsubishi eclipse GSX 4g63T

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My friend told me that you could use a saturn altenator also. I'll have to ask him what year and car though. He also said that it puts out more power than the factory ones do.

The Saturn alternator takes some re-wiring knowledge, and some grinding. It is not a direct bolt-on affair. IMO just follow luv2rallye's advice and get a 95-99 4g63 alternator.

What is the advantage of using the Saturn alternator? Cheaper?

How much more? I know there are a couple different outputs for a 1g, but is there a reason for a higher output sans a large audio system?

Do you know which model car you can use? I have gone throught 2 alentators in the last year. That just might solve my problem
From the Link boards:

1) Make/Model/Year these alternators are found on.
These alternators are found on any Saturn from 91 to 97 with 1.9L (I think they all have 1.9L, and 98 and 99 years may work also)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back