The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

[RESOLVED] WH1C turbine housing stuck!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viperlp01

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 9, 2006
Kalamazoo, Michigan
I just got my WH1C in the mail and I was taking it apart to clean it up alittle and install my BEP housing.. Well the damn turbine housing is stuck to the center section..

I have searched and i have found you should use the bolts to seperate the housing from the chra... Well i have tried that and the bolts actually bent off to the side that option is out of the way.

I held it in my hand and tried to pound the housing off and nothing.. Im soaking it with PB Blaster hoping it will get into the rust and somehow break it loose. Does anyone have any sweet ideas on how to get this off. Its hard to vise it down. I don't want to use the vise on the cold side.. Damn holsets!!

Lots of heat and a BFH while holding the cold side with your other hand. Don't pound only on one side or the housing will come off on an angle you'll damage the turbine wheel. You may want to wear some steel toes, when that housing comes off you'll have 30lbs dropping with force.

...and don't damn Holsets, they're your friend.

I was about to just pm you this question LOL... I knew you would be able to answer it. Thanks man. Im gonna try this out on my lunch..

Thanks justin.. Took me a couple minutes.. Map gas and pb blaster make some big flames... LOL. I might make a tutorial on my install of the WH1C

I had this same problem and was able to get it off with some heat and a hammer, unfortunatly i did bend a few fins. Can these be straighted out or do i need a new wheel?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back