The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

[RESOLVED] Turbo question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

venting to the atmosphere... BOVs all kinda have a unique sound to them. I love my greddy type-s and i had to spend the money to get that sound...

why do you want it to be louder anyways?
caus all thu SRT4's r loud, n it jus sounds so dam kool. ROFL

Seriously, don't vent. It's bad for your car's health. If you don't know anything about turbos or your car, you've come to the right site....start doing research. We've all been there- you've got ALOT to learn!

Hey why don't you just make a cd with the noise on it and when you are feeling a little crazy hit play and just go to town!

Seriously though if your wanting that loud sound like you see in the movies you'll have to pay some money for a nice BOV the stock ones aren't very loud.

My buddy's running a Dodge Garage-Modded 1G BOV on his 2G TSi. At 22-25psi, you can't tell the difference whether it's vented or recirculated. It screams.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Let your buddy know he needs to fix his front motor mount.

Tial sounds great. well know also.
Tial + Stock DSM = :notgood:

There are too many steps necessary to make this valve work properly on a stockish DSM, not to mention the spring tension is way to stiff to properly vent 8psi. He'd compressor surge his turbo and kill it in no time.

Let your buddy know he needs to fix his front motor mount.
It's fine....they're the old-style Prothane inserts that wedge into the stock roll stop. They look normal until you tighten the bolt, then they sort-of "ooze" out the sides a little. Still work great, though.

Tial + Stock DSM = :notgood:
It's fine....they're the old-style Prothane inserts that wedge into the stock roll stop. They look normal until you tighten the bolt, then they sort-of "ooze" out the sides a little. Still work great, though.

Weird.

Like everyone else has mentioned, upgrade your bov, get some hard intercooler pipes and up the boost to a reasonable setting and that should increase the blow off sound. Don't forget to recirculate. ;) Your car will thank you for it in the long run.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back