The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

[RESOLVED] Thinking about nitrous with my 50 trim

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1992awdlaser

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 5, 2004
Wallace, North_Carolina
I am thinking about using nitrous with my 50 trim on 110 octane or c16. It will be a wet kit and the car is not a daily driver. Do you think it will be able to handle a 50 or 75 shot. And what kind of et/mph should I look for with this setup. And what boost would be safe for it also with nitrous.

255lph fp
Perrin mbc
free mods
Buschur 3" turboback (no cat)
urethane motor mounts
Buschur o2 housing
k&n filter
Sbr cast exhaust manifold
PTE 1000cc injectors
Buschur fmic
Turbonetics evolution wastegate
Aeromotive fpr
3" gm maf sensor
SBR 3500 clutch
Act xact flywheel
AEM eugo wideband
Dsmlink
Sbr g50
FP2 cams
Stock block

I have all these parts listed but I might be missing something. If you don't see something that should be on there just ask. Thanks for the help in advance. My goal is to hit mid-high 11's. I am thinking about the nitrous so I can go against my friends rx-7 and have a better chance.

Also does anybody have any tuning tips if I decide to go with the nitrous. Like should I leave the tune alone and make changes as needed or should I richen it up a little for the first run. Should I lower the boost, if so how much. And anything else you might think I should do.

tune rich and start at a lower boost level.

Thats what I figured. I am going to be running 25-27 psi on race gas. Do you think turning it down to 18 is enough with the nitrous or should I go lower.

Well if you start a lil low and tune for detonation youll catch it before it messes your motor up, i was gonna do the same but i was gonna use mine to help take the turbo lag. If you check for detonation early you will be able to catch it before it gets to bad bad or destroys your motor. If you have to run a step colder spark plugs.

Just wondering "1992awdlaser" what were you running without nitrous because i'm going to have a very similar setup as u.I was also considering doing a 100shot direct port kit, on top of water/meth injection.

I say go for it. I've ridden in lots of nitrous powered DSM's. The 4G63 LOVES nitrous. The power levels and lack of engine knock have proved that to me several times. With a 75 shot you can expect anywhere from 80-100 hp gains at the wheels and the same with torque. You clearly have the fuel system capable of handling it.

As soon as I financially recover from christmas I'm going to be buying a NOS or NX direct port kit. I'll load it up with a 150 - 200 shot. My car see's nothing but 114 - 118 octane.

1 step colder plugs is a good idea, along with gapping them to the suggested gap provided by the supplier of the nitrous kit. For example if your kit is supplied by NOS or NX call their help line for any questions. However the questions you have will more than likely be answered by the information packet that comes with the kit.

150 or 200 shot WTF are you serious? why in god's name would you even consider anything like that? just wondering for my own sanity...

to the OP, do you have ARP studs and a MLS headgasket? Is your fuel pump rewired? What A/F ratio's are you seeing on your wideband now? what lb / min of airflow are you at?

I have not replied to this thread due to an unverified e-mail that wouldn't let me post. I have gotten that fixed now though.

craracer05- I don't know what times it runs. I have never been to the track with it. I would assum somewhere around 11.7 though.

90laserRSfwd- I have arp head studs and a cometic mls gasket. The pump is not rewired. Once I start running lean due to it not being rewired I will rewire it. My wideband reading are between 10.8-11.0 during a run. According to Dsmlink the turbo is currently flowing around 44 lb/min.

My goal is to hit mid-high 11's. I am thinking about the nitrous so I can go against my friends rx-7 and have a better chance.

You should be able to hit your goal on the bottle, it doesnt take a whole lot.
My car is living proof.

Good Luck:thumb:

I'm pretty sure I am in the 11's on just boost. I didn't believe the car would move like it does before I finished putting it together. I am still going to be putting on a bottle though. I am just waiting on a used direct port kit with flexible lines to show up for sale.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back