The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

[RESOLVED] oil pressure gauge stuck on 100

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitsocruiser

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 6, 2008
Pensacola, Florida
I installed a autometer oil pressure gauge and it was fine until I touched the gas and then it pegged out to 100 psi. I rechecked the wire to see if it had a bad ground and traced all the other wires out everything looks good. Is it possible to have a bad gauge all the other gauges I installed work fine just the oil pressure is giving me trouble know as soon as I turn the car on the gauge needle goes to max any suggestion would be appreciated.

Does it move down after the car warms up?
During warm up oil pressure is alot higher, mines around 75psi. 100psi is still high, even for warm up, but I'm just trying to rule things out.
I assume you have an electric pressure gauge?
Check the sender out and make sure it's not damaged.
Where did you install the sender?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back