The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

[RESOLVED] my headlights wont turn on.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whteclipse91

Probationary Member
May 3, 2004
bronx, New_York
:dsm:
ok if any one can help with these problems im haveing i'll be great full.
ok i just a 99 eclipse sypder 2.4.

problem. my headlights wont turn on. i checked all the fuses everywhere and the bulds even replaced the bulds in the head lights.

any help would be great thanks

Be sure you have the right fuse located and be sure to have the right size fuse installed

Also try finding the route of the head light wiring harness, maybe you have a short somewhere........ let us know whats up then man!!

SJ

i checked all the fuses they are good the voltage seems pretty week goting to the lights. could it be my altinator is going bad?? or even my battery

I have a 96 talon and about a month ago my head lights stopped working as well I and it wasnt the bulbs or a fuse or the ground you could check your headlight switch with a continuety tester and if thats not it it probably is whats wrong with my car and the power wire going back to the switch from the relay is bad

thanks been a while since i could get online ima try that out this week end thanks for the tip.

hey thanks to everyone that helped me on this. their is a break in my wiring harns between the fuse box and the head light switch ran a new line my self from the fuse box to the light switch. thanks again everyone

how did you replace the wire? what wire is it? im having the same problem, when I checked my fuse box under the hood, the fuse for the headlights, the left side isn't reading anything but the right side of the fuse is. I checked under the fuse box, and its the green/white wire for the headlight fuse thats not reading anything. What wire is that on the headlight switch? how would I go about replacing that wire because I obviously need headlights.

below are two links to pics of my fuse box. youll see the wire that i ran all the way to the switch for the head lights its not a bypass its a new line that i ran to replace the one thats no good in the wireing harness. if its the same problem as mine your problem is the relay isnt receving the signal from the heald light switch b/c the wire is no good. the color of the wire your looking for is a solid red wire with silver dots on it, its the one that i ran the green wire from. that wire it would be the same color wire that runs to the h/l switch. so if your going to put a new line in run it from that wire in the fuse box to that same color wire in the h/l switch. run the wire strainght back under the battery and to the right allong the fire wall and feed it through the fire wall by either the wiring or the steering colume safest bet is the wiring. with this set up its just like factory you us the factory switch and your still using the relay. you could even us an h.i.d. kit with it with out worring that you'll blow out the head lights. if you go to do it and you get stuck just hit me up again i'll try to walk you through it as best i can.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/files/3/0/6/2/7/fuse_box.gif
http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/files/3/0/6/2/7/new_image.gif

thats not it, i tried it and the headlights wouldnt go on, but the gauges did so i guess it helped with that, but now i need the headlights to turn on also.

below are two links to pics of my fuse box. youll see the wire that i ran all the way to the switch for the head lights its not a bypass its a new line that i ran to replace the one thats no good in the wireing harness. if its the same problem as mine your problem is the relay isnt receving the signal from the heald light switch b/c the wire is no good. the color of the wire your looking for is a solid red wire with silver dots on it, its the one that i ran the green wire from. that wire it would be the same color wire that runs to the h/l switch. so if your going to put a new line in run it from that wire in the fuse box to that same color wire in the h/l switch. run the wire strainght back under the battery and to the right allong the fire wall and feed it through the fire wall by either the wiring or the steering colume safest bet is the wiring. with this set up its just like factory you us the factory switch and your still using the relay. you could even us an h.i.d. kit with it with out worring that you'll blow out the head lights. if you go to do it and you get stuck just hit me up again i'll try to walk you through it as best i can.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/files/3/0/6/2/7/fuse_box.gif
http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/files/3/0/6/2/7/new_image.gif
I have kinda the same problem i got no brights or dims all other lights work got brand new stock headlights headlight switch still nothing it had halos in it before i stick a tester in the pulg for the headlight switch and the relay clicks and everything but when i turn the lights on nothing i got a 99 eclipse non turbo 5 speed o yea when i got it the brights on the halos worked not the dims but after i put these factory ones in neither does

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back