The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

[RESOLVED] In Need of Racing Hart Evolution C2 Lug Nuts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowborder714

Oct 15, 2006
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
I have a set of Racing Hart Evolution C2 rims and am trying to find new lug nuts for them. The ones that are on there now are rusty and some are pretty rounded. My only problem is I can't seem to find ones that are small enough to fit under the center caps. I've tried 2 different sets from Summit (Gorilla lug nuts and McGuard lug nuts). The first set was pretty close to fitting, but was still a bit too long. The second set didn't come close to fitting. And they are also too wide to seat properly in the hole in the wheel.

Anyone with these rims, what lug nuts are you using? I tried contacting Racing Hart, but they didn't return my e-mail. Also, they're located in South Africa so I can't exactly call them. I'm not sure if I could even buy a set from them since the rim isn't in production any more. But if anyone has any suggestions (either ones that work, a way to make others work, or maybe even some lying around you're not using), please let me know.

Update:

I called around to a few wheel companies that sell Racing Hart wheels to see if someone happened to have lug nuts known to work or had run into the same problem. The first company I called actually understood what I was going through and they said they had lug nuts that'll work, no problem. So I placed an order with them yesterday. I'll post back once I receive them and install them. I really hope they work as they were a bit more expensive than typical lug nuts.

Ok, so those didn't work. :(

I did a members search and it found that there's 66 of you members that have these rims. Someone's got to know where to get lug nuts for these!!!

The dimensions of my current lug nuts (which are pretty much not safe to use anymore):
*Note - these dimensions are approximations and were taken with a ruler. I'll get exact ones up when I get access to a digital dial caliper.

Length - .6875"
Width - between .8125" and .875"

I really would like to run these rims this summer with some new rubber on them and would appreciate it some of you who have these rims could give me measurements (same as I posted above) of your lug nuts and also places you bought them from and brands.

I wish I could say this update was a good one.

I have been calling any place I can with no luck yet. Here are the sets I've tried, along with a few others from local stores or that I don't have links to:

Gorilla Automotive 78633N - Gorilla Wheel Lock Systems - summitracing.com
McGard 84519 - McGard Lug Nut Installation Kits - summitracing.com
Gorilla Automotive 30037 - Gorilla Lug Nuts - summitracing.com
Gorilla Automotive 70037S - Gorilla Lug Nuts - summitracing.com
Amazon.com: McGard 24012 Wheel Lock Set, Cone Style Seat, M12x1.5 Thread, Open Style Fits Under Hub Caps and Center Caps: Home Improvement

I have found out that I need something with a 17mm (or 11/16) shank. The ones that are 19mm (or 3/4) are too big and a thin-walled socket doesn't even work. And then they have to fit the other measurements from the above post.

I'm going to keep trying as I really want to run these wheels this summer. If anyone who has these would please let me know where they got their lug nuts, I would extremely grateful!!! I am so mad I can't find anything and I really want to race this summer, but need new tires to do so. Someone please do me a HUGE favor and let me know where I can find some that'll work.

I finally found a set that works!!! :D

They are Wheel Mate lug nuts. They work great (some are the tiniest bit long but they still fit under the center caps)!

For anyone that may need these:

I purchased them from a placed called Discount Tire Center. Their phone number is 1-626-579-1182. I was told to ask for Vick but ended up talking to another guy who was very helpful. I described what I needed them for without telling him what wheels I had and he knew which specific wheels I had and what lug nuts I needed. That's what I like to see!

I had the same issue, but made some measurements and found some lug nuts that will work. I test fit them and the caps fit right on. They are made by Muteki and are actually really light. I got them in black because I hate chrome and it easily rusts. They are 21mm deep and fit the wheel well. I found them on ebay for $51.00 shipped. they save about 1lb per wheel in weight over the stock lugs nuts also. I beleive that the short Gorilla brand will also work since they are 20mm deep and look to have the same over all profile. Good luck!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I finally was able to take some measurements of the lug nuts to get a part number. I've attached the pictures of the lug nuts and dial caliper for reference. The Mackin Industries part number for these Wheel Mate lug nuts is 30906z and they are a very common lug nut.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back