The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

[RESOLVED] Help with 1/2 hub and slider part number I've got two different ones.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

->PrOjEcTGS<-

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 14, 2002
Missouri
Ok guys, I'm in the process of ordering parts for my transmission. I'm ordering them from JNZtuning.net through their OEM parts catalog by Trademotion. I have been questioning only one part number. The 1-2 hub/slider through CAPS comes back with two part numbers a MD749414 and MD746442. The MD746442 has been superseded by part number MD747643, that I understand. But, the descriptions from JNZtuning.net of the parts that follow confuse me:

MD747643 $158.97
HUB & SLVE+RINGS

MD749414 $107.30
HUB & SLEEVE,M/T

Now my question. The more expensive one says +RINGS. Does that mean if I ordered that one I would get the 1st and 2nd gear sycro rings along with the hub and slider? (BTW, I ordered the more expensive one just to see and didn't order the sycro rings.)

Now another question. As I'm looking at the part numbers and descriptions in CAPS I noticed there are two QTY columns. One for order QTY and another just says QTY. Now if a part I need (Syncro Keys) has a QTY of 3 does that mean that If I order 1 it will come with the 3 keys I need for one hub/slider?

These are just some of my unanswered questions. Hopefully someone with more experience with CAPS can point me in the correct direction.

~Andrew~

Ok guys, I'm in the process of ordering parts for my transmission. I'm ordering them from JNZtuning.net through their OEM parts catalog by Trademotion. I have been questioning only one part number. The 1-2 hub/slider through CAPS comes back with two part numbers a MD749414 and MD746442. The MD746442 has been superseded by part number MD747643, that I understand. But, the descriptions from JNZtuning.net of the parts that follow confuse me:

MD747643 $158.97
HUB & SLVE+RINGS

MD749414 $107.30
HUB & SLEEVE,M/T

Now my question. The more expensive one says +RINGS. Does that mean if I ordered that one I would get the 1st and 2nd gear sycro rings along with the hub and slider? (BTW, I ordered the more expensive one just to see and didn't order the sycro rings.)

Now another question. As I'm looking at the part numbers and descriptions in CAPS I noticed there are two QTY columns. One for order QTY and another just says QTY. Now if a part I need (Syncro Keys) has a QTY of 3 does that mean that If I order 1 it will come with the 3 keys I need for one hub/slider?

These are just some of my unanswered questions. Hopefully someone with more experience with CAPS can point me in the correct direction.

~Andrew~
Well, I just waited for the parts to come in and solved my own problem myself. For future reference here are the answers I got.

MD747643 $158.97
HUB & SLVE+RINGS (Yes, this one comes with syncro rings 1st and Double 2nd.)

MD749414 $107.30
HUB & SLEEVE,M/T (Don't know about this one, didn't order it. Seems like you get a better deal with the one above since you get the rings with it, since 2nd gear alone is $75)

Now another question. As I'm looking at the part numbers and descriptions in CAPS I noticed there are two QTY columns. One for order QTY and another just says QTY. Now if a part I need (Syncro Keys) has a QTY of 3 does that mean that If I order 1 it will come with the 3 keys I need for one hub/slider? (NOPE!! I ordered 1 syncro key and only got one. Just order the QTY you will need they all come with one part per order QTY.)

I hope this helps anyone else who has the same questions.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back