The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

[RESOLVED] Fuel cut (boost leak)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsxeclipse97

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 7, 2004
Cedar Park, Texas
So tonight is the first time sice i have owned my car that i have ever hit fuel cut. I have a 14b set at 15 psi. So im going along in 3rd gear and feels like I ran into a wall. so i back off and drove it home nice and easy after that. So i guess the next step is a 190 fuel pump with a rewire. Im only trying to make around 300-350 hp with an evo 3 one of these day.

So tonight is the first time sice i have owned my car that i have ever hit fuel cut. I have a 14b set at 15 psi. So im going along in 3rd gear and feels like I ran into a wall. so i back off and drove it home nice and easy after that. So i guess the next step is a 190 fuel pump with a rewire. Im only trying to make around 300-350 hp with an evo 3 one of these day.

Was it cold out and what turbo and mods you got?

You can do a 190 or 255 or supra/3000gt turbo pump(quieter).

Do the rewire and Get a good non ebay Fuel pressure regulator.

Just get a wally 255 rewired and a afpr.

then you never have to worry about upgrading in the future(unless you want to go all out), and trust me, you will want to once you start makin some power. LOL

its about 77-72 degrees outside. I think that im getting boost creep also, it holds fine i second but i did notice that it tried to pull past 15 in third and when i saw that i let off but it cut before that. I caught it at 16psi.

Well I plan to auto cross my car so im not trying to make a whole lot just enough for going around the track at good speed and every once in a great while put a mustang in its place... great great great while cause i normally don't ever ever ever street race.

A fuel pump, larger injectors, higher base FP, etc. None of these things are going to eliminate fuel cut. You run into fuel cut when you reach a pre-programmed airflow cap, not a lack of fuel. 99.9% of the time, this is caused by a boost leak.

Follow Eric's advice and do a leak test.

I would recommend you take the money you would pay a shop to do the test and pick up one of the cheap portable air tanks. A boost leak test is something you should do everytime you change your oil, so it's a worthwile investment.

Then all you have to do is take the tank to the nearest gas station and use their compressor to fill up your tank. Some places it's free and others it might cost you $0.25

Well thats not a bad idea. the stuff looks like stuff you can just piick up from home depot so.. I'll put one together tomorrow and try to find a compressor to do that with.

Well I found a major leak on the pcv hose. My god does a 14b spool fast, I thought it was fast before. it was like i steped on the gas and i was instantly at 10psi. Still have more to do on it but, still not done yet.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back