The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

[RESOLVED] charge to hone the cylinder walls and polish the crank

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

like a deglazing hone? that shouldnt be much more than 50.00 or so, about the crank polishing......... i dont know ive never been down that road yet. everybodies pricing will be different though.

AMM

It all depends on a machine shop. But I would say not more than $150 for both, and it's tops! Because I remeber that boring and honing is like $17 per hole, but you have to only hone, means cheaper, which in fact you can do yourself, grind and polish a crank is $100, to polish a crank should be cheaper. These are the prices that I got from my local machine shop. Good luck!

my local machine shop charged my buddy 50 to polish his crank but as said price vary

Around here it's 25 per hole to bore, so a hone only should be cheaper. AS for crank polishing, i believe i paid about 60 bucks for that, but it was blended in with resizing the mains for ARP bolts at the same time and some other little stuff, so i can't be sure that hte 60 was just the polish by it's self. That was about 4 years ago.

A local shop here quoted me $44 to hone and $28 for a polish.

Damn you guys are expensive. I only paid $40 for boring and $20 to polish the crank. And that was at the busiest, most highly recommended machine shop in the valley.

Im getting my wifes car done right now and to hone the block is $50, polishing the crank is $30. So it seems about $80-$100 is the general price range, it just varies a little from shop to shop.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back