The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

[RESOLVED] Anyone work at autozone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WILOWNU

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 9, 2006
Wheelersburg, Ohio
I need the help of zoner. I purchased my dsm about 6 months ago and the battery in it was just a few months old at the time. It is a red top duralast (autozone brand). The guys at my autozone are being dicks and wont hook me up with a new replacement unless I can get the warranty info from the guy I bought the car off of. They can tell its only a year old from the date on the battery but I want to know if someone can look up the warranty info for me, or give me someones warranty info so i can get this thing replaced without having to fork out 80 bucks right before christmas!! All help is appreciated.

I know the guy i bought the car off of but I dont know for sure if it was under his name....However I will pm you his full name and see what you can do. thanks!!

Thats just how the rules work man, I work at Sears, if you dont have the original paper work your shit out of luck. It happens, Im the original owner of my battery and advance says they cant find it. It was under my name, o well. This battery dies and I think I'll put in the new Diehard Platinum battery. Expensive, but the platinum is the best battery on the market.

Sir,
I am the Internet Fraud Investigator for Autozone in the Corporate office in Memphis, TN. The warranty on the battery is not transferable. The employees are correct and are following Autozone policy by not giving you a new battery. How would you feel if an employee lost there job just before Christmas for violating policy. Any questions you can e-mail me at [email protected].

I was Store Manager for Autozone and I know for a fact an employee would not lose there job for making sure a customer left happy. I had to pull strings quite a few times by order of my DM. Cause enough of a scene and they will bend over for anything. I know that for a fact.

My advanced auto parts battery came with a sticker with the date of experation for the warranty. One more reason that advanced auto > auto zone.

Anything is better than Autozone why do you think I WAS a store manager with them. Working at a dealer is way better plus the pricing from other dealers (mitsubishi) is wonderful.

I had a Duralast battery in my car for about 3 months before it quit holding a charge. I didn't even bother with my warranty. I just went to a real auto parts store and bought an Optima battery. You would have figured I would have learned my lesson after the Duralast brake shoes and drums I bought for my 71 were so far out of spec that they couldn't be installed together.

In my expierience Autozone is not a place that is even worth dealing with. You should just cut your losses and go to a real store that sells actual car parts that work.

Sir,
I am the Internet Fraud Investigator for Autozone in the Corporate office in Memphis, TN. The warranty on the battery is not transferable. The employees are correct and are following Autozone policy by not giving you a new battery. How would you feel if an employee lost there job just before Christmas for violating policy. Any questions you can e-mail me at [email protected].

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

I will chime in here as I am a store manager for Advance Auto Parts.

The fact of the matter is the warrenty is to the original buyer. And it is not transferable. Yes there are ways to get around the system. But the truth of the matter is truly how you handle it. If you just come in my store and throw a fit. You will be walking out the door unhappy and I will BET I would have called you a dumb a$$ 3 or 4 times in a professional way without ever saying the words. Truth is handle maturely and do it RIGHT, you will have no problems.

I have had a guy come in acting like a dick from the get-go, tell me point blank he was going to stand in front of me and hollar up a storm untill I returned an item he BROKE. Had he been nicer, I might have swapped it. But my only reply was "I get paid to stand here all day and I bet I can yell louder".

Fact is, if the guy you bought the car from goes down to the store, there would be no problem.

Matt

got the original reciept, it was in the owners manual. got a new battery. thanks!

Sir,

STFU:cry::cry:

Ive been a amit for advance and also worked at autozone.I like that autozone has the rewards system and both stores price match.Really it comes down to who you know at the stores and if they like you or not.I get %20 discounts at both stores but id have to say MY autozone has far more knowledgable persons working there than the advance.When i walk in there its like a barber shop,talking about whos,who and whats what.And where the deals are:)

I am glad to see you got your new battery. I have had issues like this before and everything depends on who you have to deal with.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back