The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved Dash lights are on, Alternator dead?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

housegsx

15+ Year Contributor
May 28, 2004
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
I was headed to a picnic earlier and the car was running while I'll loaded up the hatch. When I hopped back in the battery, brake, and, AT Temp lights were all on. Pretty sure this is a sign of a dead alternator, but I wanted to check here first.

I haven't really checked anything other than revving the car with the headlights on. They aren't getting brighter when revving.

Solution
FYI.

It was definitely the alternator. The problem actually went away for a couple days, but then it came back. I drove home, turned on the headlights, stereo, a/c, defroster etc and the car lost power in about 15 minutes. I replaced the alternator and it's been good since.
FYI.

It was definitely the alternator. The problem actually went away for a couple days, but then it came back. I drove home, turned on the headlights, stereo, a/c, defroster etc and the car lost power in about 15 minutes. I replaced the alternator and it's been good since.

Solution
Sorry to bump an old thread.

But my dash light are on and the alternator is good.
Anyone have a reason to why this must be.

My car was shorted out idk how but it happened when i was getting towed with a strap,

My dad tugged my car and all of a sudden my battery was dead and got some blown fuses.

Now the battery is bad for the oddest reason.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back