The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECMlink [RESOLVED] 1G: Ignition Timing Stuck at 5 Degrees

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

habitatguy187

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 20, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
90 talon 5spd with ecmlink v2. Dmertz on an old ecmlink forums post said the only thing that locks timing to 5 degrees is engine start on (which i logged, and it's not. It's off) and having the timing ground connector grounded. I've checked my wiring and don't see anything wrong. Changed my CAS for good measure. Also swapped in my ecu from the galant with v3 on it. Took a quick idle log with the v3 ecu.

I should note that the rpm gauge in the cluster doesn't work and never has since I got the car. From what I can tell this should have zero effect on the timing advance but at this point I don't know. Thanks ya'll

Attachments

• log.2022.10.23-02.elg
    31.4 KB · Views: 16
I looked over the log. Are you running speed density? Under MAF COMP you have "disable MAF compensation w/SD operation" checked. If you are on MAF, uncheck that box.
I added a smoothed SD table. Try it if you like or pitch it in the trash.

Attachments

• settings.2022.10.26-01.ecm
    5.2 KB · Views: 13
I looked over the log. Are you running speed density? Under MAF COMP you have "disable MAF compensation w/SD operation" checked. If you are on MAF, uncheck that box.
I added a smoothed SD table. Try it if you like or pitch it in the trash.
I'm usually running speed density with that ecu (the one from my galant, which is currently down with another toasted clutch LOL).

I'll take a look at the tune tho and maybe probably upload it 🙂

It looked like you had a pretty stock tune in the car. If so, load up the initial 2g (most folks start there) or a 1g (more aggressive maps) and see if she likes it better. I saw no fuel adjustments in the log so one of those may help you more than my fiddling around will but you can try any.
Here is the 2g stock data and 1g data. Pick your poison if you want. Up to you.
Marty

Attachments

• DSM-2G-stock.eda
    6.5 KB · Views: 15
  • DSM-1G-stock.eda
    6.5 KB · Views: 17
It looked like you had a pretty stock tune in the car. If so, load up the initial 2g (most folks start there) or a 1g (more aggressive maps) and see if she likes it better. I saw no fuel adjustments in the log so one of those may help you more than my fiddling around will but you can try any.
Here is the 2g stock data and 1g data. Pick your poison if you want. Up to you.
Marty
Yeah I made it very stockish to throw it in the 1g which is still on 450s

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back