The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

residential electrical

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauleyman

DSM Wiseman
Nov 19, 2011
oklahoma city, Oklahoma
This forum always has better info on ANY topic it seems.
What is your preference for residential electrical supply stuff like switches, outlets etc. Leviton? Eaton? Cooper?
I mainly stick to the box stores and buy the better stuff and not the "basic" 1$ stuff. Any opinions? I hate doing work twice.

I just did my basement as some have seen.

I deal with Leviton for outlets and basic switches.

Lutron Caseta smart dimmers as they integrate easily with home assistant and you can block their home station from the internet and not lose their control ability in local automation

Eaton breakers

Halo recessed lighting 4 and 6"

Iberville junction and 1-3 gang device boxes

My list of preferences as followed

Boxes - Carlon
Switches, outlets timers ect.-Eaton
Panels and disconnects - square d

Just my .02

-Daniel

Can’t argue with this. Solid choices.

Thanks for all the feedback. I was reading some electricians post that leviton has gone downhill for whatever reason. Typically if I'm in a box store I choose lowes who carries Eaton and surprisingly now all klein tools. Guess the pros finally complained enough.

Leviton tamper proof outlets, which are code here for anything reachable by kids, are an annoying design, for sure. And I've had one leviton face detach from the body on a 20A outlet. For my install rate between our two houses (at different times) ive had about a 2% failure rate, which isn't that bad.

BUT, at most stores here in MB, they are basically our only choice. I have no reservations or fears putting them in.

Klein is making waves up here too now. I've got a tool or two of theirs, good quality.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back