The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Reseting ECU with new AFPR

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garrek11

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 4, 2009
Spokane, Washington
alright so when i was reading some of the other threads it said to reset the ECU when i was done installing my AFPR and i did which the car ran great had a lot more power. however after like a day driving it it went back to having not as much power. Why?

(Mods) 255 fuel pump, BOV, and AFPR.

someone told me it might be the fuel trims? what are those and where are they?

Is your bov recirculated? Fuel trims have to do with compensating for different qualities of gas and boost leaks. If the bov isn't recirculated, then you get rich conditions, and the fuel trims are adjusted to try to bring it back to where it's supposed to be. Unless your bov had a massive leak, put the stock one back on, it's one of the best out there. That extra power you felt was from your car running right in boost, instead of trying to fix off-boost problems.

ya i bought the car with the BOV on it so ya. how do you know if the BOV is set up right?

make sure there is a hose coming off the BOV that is connecting back to your intake.. so a hose from the bov to the intake is needed unless your have other mods to remove it other wise

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back